PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started

Danielmt
03-29-2016,
Hello All!

I am a 27 year old woman, and I have been interested in day trading, and becoming financially independent for years now. I haven't filled my head with the "get rich quick" articles or whatever, in fact I have mainly focused on the risk factors associated with day trading and the warnings against it. I consider myself a realist, and I am not looking to make a fortune, mainly I am hoping to maintain a comfortable living situation for my son and me, without having to rely on babysitters, and daycare centers. I am a quality manager for my day job, therefore I am anal and pay attention to detail. However, while my job is a very good one, the job market is rocky, and my company has been experiencing some losses lately.

What I am hoping for is some good advice. How much cash in hand is best for starting a day trading venture? I've already read the book suggestions, and those are great, so thank you for all those that replied to that thread. Is there any other advice folks are willing to give? It would be swell if I could meet someone on here that is open and friendly, and willing to act as a mentor.

This sounds terrible, but I am hoping to use my inheritance (whenever I should happen to get it) as my stepping off point into the world of day trading. I plan to use this time to learn everything I can about day trading, and then once I get my comfy little cushion of cash, to take the plunge - which in all honesty is terrifying and exhilarating at the same time.

So yeah, that's all I am really hoping for. Friendly advice. Like I said, I've already read the don'ts and the warnings, and all about how difficult it is and yadda yadda yadda. I am willing to put in the work, I am willing to take the risk. What I need is real time day traders sharing their experiences and what they've learned over the years. All of you were in my shoes at some point, so I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks!

Shannon

DeckardEn
03-31-2016,
Hello All!

I am a 27 year old woman, and I have been interested in day trading, and becoming financially independent for years now. I haven't filled my head with the "get rich quick" articles or whatever, in fact I have mainly focused on the risk factors associated with day trading and the warnings against it. I consider myself a realist, and I am not looking to make a fortune, mainly I am hoping to maintain a comfortable living situation for my son and me, without having to rely on babysitters, and daycare centers. I am a quality manager for my day job, therefore I am anal and pay attention to detail. However, while my job is a very good one, the job market is rocky, and my company has been experiencing some losses lately.

What I am hoping for is some good advice. How much cash in hand is best for starting a day trading venture? I've already read the book suggestions, and those are great, so thank you for all those that replied to that thread. Is there any other advice folks are willing to give? It would be swell if I could meet someone on here that is open and friendly, and willing to act as a mentor.

This sounds terrible, but I am hoping to use my inheritance (whenever I should happen to get it) as my stepping off point into the world of day trading. I plan to use this time to learn everything I can about day trading, and then once I get my comfy little cushion of cash, to take the plunge - which in all honesty is terrifying and exhilarating at the same time.

So yeah, that's all I am really hoping for. Friendly advice. Like I said, I've already read the don'ts and the warnings, and all about how difficult it is and yadda yadda yadda. I am willing to put in the work, I am willing to take the risk. What I need is real time day traders sharing their experiences and what they've learned over the years. All of you were in my shoes at some point, so I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks!

Shannon

Dbigg
04-01-2016,
You can read about user 'wgreenie' to help you get a sense of where to start.