PDA

View Full Version : My very own trading system

faOi
03-08-2016,
Please forgive me if this has been posted before, but being new to trading and to trade2win, i hope you'll forgive me.

As i said above, i'm fairly new to this game, but it would be my dream to be able to make a living out of trading. I earn around ?20000, so if i can earn that trading, thats my dream. Simple eh??

So i posted a thread a couple of weeks back on another site, and got slated. I hust wanted to ask some basic questions, but i think they were a bit too basic for some. So hopefully, i'll post them now, but word them a little different, and fingers crossed, i'll get a nicer reply/replies. http://static2.trade2win.com/boards/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

Being new to trading, i as of yet, not developed my own method of making consistent profits trading. Am i right in saying, that if you find a method, wether it be looking at charts, or ema's etc, that gives you more profits than loses, then this is a trading system? Have you just got to find a method?

Also, are there certain days when you could confidently say the Dow is going to go up or down, eg, it may always move down on christmas day for example. (not that it does or anything, just purely an example. Eh, hang on, its closed then isnt it? You know what i mean though http://static2.trade2win.com/boards/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif )

Also, i get hundreds of letters telling me that they have a system i can buy which will make me money, and sucker me always falls for it, ending up with loses! http://static2.trade2win.com/boards/images/smilies/icon_cry.gif
Is there any one out there who offers advise or shows you there system for free???

Hope someone can help. I dont want to be a millionaire or anything, just make enough extra money to pay for a holiday every year. Am i asking too much??? All i want is my very own trading system, or at least some advice on how to find it.

fissiddeni
03-10-2016,
The commercial systems are not worth paying for. The freebie systems are worth looking at for the earnest and genuine intention to help from fellow traders, but caveat emptor even if there's no emptoring as such. You still invest your time in checking out any system. Some of the freebies are well used and overall profitable. The trouble is, people will tinker and make them less so. Human nature. Far better having your own.

Felipecrag
03-10-2016,
You're are in the right place, but there isn't a short-cut that I'm aware of. These boards are extensive, but you will need to put in the hours to trawl what you need from them.

Most of the members on t2w will be helpful, informative, humorous and sheer brilliant at times and don't worry about the few who seem terse and unhelpful - they've just had a bad day. Again!

fogqrfsi54
03-11-2016,
Spend 5 minutes on T2W and you'll read that there is no 'holy grail'. There are people here who make consistent profits and, all of them, as far as I'm aware anyway, have achieved this through many hours (years!) of hard work. As the cliche goes - they 'plan the trade and trade the plan'. One thing is for sure, they ALL have a plan. They most definitely do NOT short the DOW on Christmas day because it plummeted last year! That's gambling, and consistently profitable traders do not gamble. They take carefully calculated risks which, as a result of experience and / or back testing, they know have a high probability of success. So, to answer your question, it is possible to achieve your goal, but it wil take a lot of work and commitment on your part. As for buying someone else's system 'off the peg' - well, there a prevailing view throughout this BB that the vendors of such systems only make money from the sale of their systems and not from trading them. I can testify to that, having forked out for someone else's system in the past and regreted it. My advice would be to trawl through the many threads on T2W and, after a while, certain people will say things which resonate with you. Find out about those traders and take your lead from them. That's what I did anyway. Naturally, the next reply you get may completely negate the comments that I've made and advise you differently. That's one of the great benefits of being a member of a site like this.
Good luck,

floossink
03-11-2016,
L33. I spent 5 years and thousands of pounds on methods, courses etc learning what Tim has just told you.

Very very wise and true words digest them and they will stop you looking for the Holy Grail that does not exist.

Hard work and practice are the only ways to succeed you will then develop your own plan based on your psyche and personality. This is the true way to master the markets