PDA

View Full Version : Large Number of Parameters

Ceawpobonee
05-16-2016,
With the Strategy Analyzer is there a way to:

1. Set the Min, Max and Increment details for all parameters in one go? And

2. Once an optimization is run can the results of the optimization be pre-loaded when deploying a strategy?

Would be useful when dealing with a large number of similar parameters.

Thank You

Charlespr
05-16-2016,
I can save the settings to an .xml file and then open it from:

\NinjaTrader8\templates\Strategy\........\

And then edit with a text editor like Notepad ++

cypefaice
05-17-2016,
Thanks for your post.

Please note that we are asking for threads related to NT8 to be placed in the NT8 beta section of the forum.

Can you clarify if your last two posts are suggestions or questions?

Darrelteni
05-19-2016,
Thank you for your help.

They were questions, just the best way I could think to set a large number of parameters quickly. I am not sure if it is a good solution?

Thanks

Danielei
05-19-2016,
Thanks for your reply.

For the question, "Set the Min, Max and Increment details for all parameters in one go?" You would have to set them on the initial set-up if your strategy does not set them for you, there after you can save the settings as a template. When next you run the strategy you can then load the template to align all your settings to what you had previously done.

For the question, "Once an optimization is run can the results of the optimization be pre-loaded when deploying a strategy?" Yes, you would so this by saving a template after the optimization run has been performed as the optimized settings would be the ones saved in the template. When you apply the strategy to a chart you could then load the template with the optimized values.

admin
05-20-2016,
For the question, "Once an optimization is run can the results of the optimization be pre-loaded when deploying a strategy?" Yes, you would so this by saving a template after the optimization run has been performed as the optimized settings would be the ones saved in the template. When you apply the strategy to a chart you could then load the template with the optimized values.