PDA

View Full Version : How to become a successful futures trader

eyfmeofh22
03-07-2016,
Hi Folks,
I am new in trading and lost too much money so far and getting disappointed Could you please guide me how I can be a consistent winner? What should I do? What strategies/methods do really work? Is there any good and reliable trading room which calls trade (futures) with more than 70% winning rate? I tried few rooms and almost all of them were loser or at least break even. Any advise would be appreciated.

FarmonTob
03-07-2016,
A few items
- study / work a lot, there is no real short-cut into becoming a profitable trader, most likely there is possibility to make money i another activity easier, if you don't want through the learning curve
- forget all trading rooms
- forget all fancy indicators
- don't change every other day
- your trading style must fit your personality, there is not good and wrong
- don't trade real money until you are profitable on SIM
- keep in mind trading real money is still very different
- be prepared for a lot of study and a lot of screen time

fldopoqx63
03-08-2016,
yupp trading rooms you will see in course may not be worth it.....

am/been on a few twitter based stuff ....and see they are a hit and miss....and most may not use any special apps/indis.

not saying everything is useless but if they actually trading large AUM, but person following is a 1lot trader may not have anything in common to the person holding x+Mill and trading. spending money on useless stuff is also an art...wink

but i think @rleplae hit it...if not profitable on SIM....and you dont sweat if on SIM.....SIM will not get you far

from a trading perspective....people go for the grail. it is illusive. but there is a grail. however it is what you believe and can trust in...as its your money at risk and no one else's.

there is no single answer unfortunately. reason i said rooms cannot help....as they wont accept loses. its easy to give advice..likewise also on a bulletin board.

am not discouraging. i myself have also given a fair share to the market and also taken...however the given is bigger when you also count taxes paid on profits

what i realized is what i look for has to come from me..i.e for me i need to understanding charting, i need to understand OF. Period i need to know why price is moving...other than a exogenous event since i do not have news subscriptions.
There are many things i also do not look into which a well rounded trader does...which is Fx/Int Rates/Credit Swaps...etc..but for me that will come in time.

what i penned is not advise....but just some of my ramblings and 2cs which i try to follow as my quest to be in the markets. For everyone else it will be different

i wish you only the best.

fwsfvwge90
03-09-2016,
behnod View Post
Hi Folks,
I am new in trading and lost too much money so far and getting disappointed Could you please guide me how I can be a consistent winner? What should I do? What strategies/methods do really work? Is there any good and reliable trading room which calls trade (futures) with more than 70% winning rate? I tried few rooms and almost all of them were loser or at least break even. Any advise would be appreciated.

Gotta find yourself a good system and stick with it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Gelfordmi
03-12-2016,
behnod View Post
Hi Folks,
reliable trading room which calls trade (futures) with more than 70% winning rate?

If there was a guy/girl who could do that you really think they would run a trading "ROOM"?

For futures and I assume you mean eminis and not sugar hogs grains cattle I suggest to spend the next 3 months studying everything FT71. He gives away his vast knowledge for free, technical and on the psycho level.

-