PDA

View Full Version : NYSE Open volume froze NT.

demydicle
05-12-2016,
Been having serious trouble with NT over the last 2 weeks. As soon as high volume data hits system, anythign over 40k per 5 mins it seems, NT charts will start slowing down and run behind real-time. After 15 minutes of running, the data is coming in 3+ minutes late.

Today was troublesome, but even worse. As soon as the 09:30 EDT open came NT froze after 5k volume and had to be restarted. When restarted, data was immediately delayed up to 30 seconds or more, and progressively worse.

Also found most of the Globex data had gone so tried to Reload Historical Data but it just showed 'Loading data' at top left of screen and never updated. Got to 3+ minutes behind actual time and shutdown to come here.

I see a lot of similar problems over the recent week or so, and quite likely not just me then??

I attach log and trace files here to save time. I cannot trade at all.

devonhill99
05-14-2016,
Thanks for your reply.

This seems performance related. With the high volatility of the market and the items you have loaded, your system may not be able to hand this.

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

Shut down NinjaTrader

Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces

Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder

Dennisvap
05-14-2016,
Scan your main drive under Windows explorer for errors and maybe fix errors if found.

It maybe on its way to the grave yard.

If no errors try a Defrag on it? Might want to make backup first.

Are you recording data for market replay ?

dnzwxtmq49
05-15-2016,
Thanks for your input Sledge,
Quite possible my upgraded PC (top CPU/mobo/RAM) but with older hard drives is the trouble! I will do as you say and go through a full PC health check and let you know what I find.
No, not recording data for MS. I just download that later as needed.

DookanneseE
05-18-2016,
The previous user could definitely be onto something, but do not underestimate the volume increase we've had in the last few days. The more ticks the exchange sends out, the more CPU cycles that need to be processed by NinjaTrader. This means a workspace/chart setup that was working fine for the last 18~ months may not now have the overhead to keep up with the sheer number of ticks that are being processed in the last few days.

You should review your workspace and where possible:

Reduce the number of days to load,
Remove redundant charts and indicators,
Set some chart indicators to calculate to CalculateOnBarClose = true,
Or even set the "Display update interval" to a higher value on your chart