PDA

View Full Version : MT4 corner for starters & others

mando01
02-25-2016,
I used to use Metastock but since they have been trying to tie in users with expensive data feeds etc. I have decided to turn to another and probably better trading platform, namely MT4.
As an almost programming starter I would like to share my trials and tribulations as it is quite a daunting task and lots to learn. Hopefully others will see the need to get to all those lovely indicators on MT4 for free and make pots of dosh.

First task find a broker offering MT4 that you fancy. I have been around the block of providers. They either need too big a deposit or the platform freezes ( probably my fault ) etc. I have settled on AAAFX as it needs only a small deposit of $300 and looks good for eventual zulu trades.

Any help along this stony path will be much appreciated !! But I shall stumble along alone if necessary ( will be slow, I warn )

martars69
02-26-2016,
Check out this 18 part tutorial on MQL programming by "coders guru" it's probably as good as anything to get you started

MQL Tutorial by Coders` guru - MQL4 forum

I think links are dead, but there's pointers to other places in that thread where the course is available, for example

MarinaFamn
02-27-2016,
I don't know of this is the same book but it's what I use for reference:
MQL4 Tutorial

Makasjub
02-29-2016,
Quote:
Originally Posted by the hare View Post
Check out this 18 part tutorial on MQL programming by "coders guru" it's probably as good as anything to get you started

MQL Tutorial by Coders` guru - MQL4 forum

I think links are dead, but there's pointers to other places in that thread where the course is available, for example

I Love Codersguru
A pity the links to the tutorial are dead, it was just what I needed. Are you an MT4 man Hare ?