PDA

View Full Version : Fib with a difference!

AldPokel
02-20-2016,
I've been spending some time going through charts and with the aid of the Fib Retracements tool, (using the 0% and 100% lines only) marking historical entries and exits (a process that can't be done automatically).

It would be extremely helpful to have an additional element on this Fib tool which gives the difference (hence the appalling pun in the title!) between the 0% and 100% levels. So if 0% = 2500 and 100% = 2526, the difference, '26' would be immediately visible.

I'm probably asking for the impossible but is this something that's achievable without very advanced coding?

Thanks for letting me know.

AlexSomov
02-20-2016,
Thank you for your post.

At this time this is something which can be accomplished only through custom programming. With that said I see how this would be a useful addition to NinjaTrader and I will forward this suggestion to our development staff for further consideration.

If anything else comes up which I could assist with please let me know.

Alfredhob
02-21-2016,
Thanks very much, Kyle, and for putting forward the suggestion.

Is there anywhere online where I could get an idea of the coding involved to achieve this? I'd be fascinated to see how the Fib Retracements tool is indeed coded but this may well be not be available.

Much obliged.

AliCap
02-22-2016,
Thank you for the reply.

I don't have the code freely available for the drawing tools in NinjaTrader 7 to post, but can tell you that they are fairly complicated to create. NinjaTrader 7 really has no supported ways to create drawing tools specifically, but NinjaTrader 8 this will be an option once it is released.

I am unsure if what you would like would be completely possible in NinjaTrader 7 as it currently stands regarding drawing tools, one alternative would be to use a drawing object like a dot or line as your starting point and then use NinjaScript to draw lines at the values needed and draw any text needed to accomplish the goal. Unfortunately I do not really have a sample or example of this that I am aware of, other users may have uploaded something similar to this but I do not know of anything specific that could guide you on this item.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

alkuqvdgzzqk
02-24-2016,
Thanks very much, Jesse, for your explanation of the situation.

For the moment, having such an addition to the Fib Tool would be useful but not essential. It just means that I've got to do more mental arithmetic that I'm use to!

The nearest I can think of to a solution (which would be very easy to do) would be to code up an indicator and have the two levels entered manually as Variables and show the result through the DrawText method.

I'm looking forward to seeing the NT8 option you mentioned.

admin
05-21-2016,
The long upper shadow on Thursday's candle showed the market was respecting the resistance level around $1,700/Oz.
The disappointing NFP report on Friday led to further bets the Fed would print and gold shot higher.
Gold is firmly in overbought territory though in my experience with the yellow metal I have seen it remain overbought on the RSI(14) for weeks at a time which gives this signal a little less potency. Nonetheless, gold is in free space and overbought. Without word of stimulus from the Fed this week it is poised to retrace some of the recent move.

http://onlinetradersforum.com/attachments/d-jpg.13524/