PDA

View Full Version : How to invest directly in stocks listed on the Toronto exchange?

Hatlodcluh
02-17-2016,
Hello there, I'm not a Canadian citizen (U.S. citizen) and am not a resident of Canada. How can I invest directly in stocks listed on the Toronto stock exchange or other Canadian exchanges? Are there any brokerage companies that will allow me to do this?

hoqvmqxd33
02-18-2016,
I have no idea other than maybe some offshore brokerage...but I'm curious as to why you would want to. US markets are the most efficient, heavily traded markets in the world. The rest of the world comes here to trade. Just compare how many of our stocks trade penny wide markets all day long and then compare anyone else's.

heremorrorm
02-18-2016,
Thank you for your reply, and sorry for the delay. I'm just curious about some of the mining stocks there. This may be common sense to you, but if I wanted to (and I may very well not because it could be too much trouble), what offshore brokerage should I use to trade Toronto listed stocks?

ibvpvqdh40
02-20-2016,
I don't even know if that's the solution. And I can't recommend any because I don't trust them. Just google it and do your own research and make the decision that you are comfortable with. good luck

Ilonahony
02-23-2016,
Try Interactive Brokers... they allow this.