PDA

View Full Version : Backtest not using all of the data

Buzaronel
02-15-2016,
For some reason when i run a backtest on my strategy, it will not use the entire amount of data on my FDAX 03-12 contract, only two weeks. I can get data from other contracts, but not any more than two weeks off the current. Also the FDAX ##-### does not work at all, is there any reason as to why i should not expect continuous contracts to work?

bygjreib80
02-17-2016,
For some reason when i run a backtest on my strategy, it will not use the entire amount of data on my FDAX 03-12 contract, only two weeks. I can get data from other contracts, but not any more than two weeks off the current. Also the FDAX ##-### does not work at all, is there any reason as to why i should not expect continuous contracts to work?

CaauKuZ
02-19-2016,
My data suppler is Esignal.....the backtest settings are for 1 month of the current contract on the Dax.

Everything else is setup to backtest properly and it gives me trades back two weeks but thats it. There must be other trades there, the setup s common.

There is a data issue. I've emailed Esignal as well.

CalvinWes
02-19-2016,
If you could post your strategy I would be happy to test it out. You can also email us your log/trace as well as config.xml so we can test your connection on our end, as well as review log/trace for any potential issues.

If you would like us to do this, please email support at ninjatrader dot com.

calvinzp60
02-21-2016,
Esignal say that for contracts outside the US, the continuous contracts must be calculated by the software, i.e. You.

My question is though, why when i look into the data on my historical data manager is there not data for everyday for every contract listed? I downloaded data for the entire selection of instrument lists, it should be there but its not. The data is patchy, more like market replay data.

I need this issue resolved in order to test out three systems over years of data. Perhaps if we email to try and resolve it?