PDA

View Full Version : Debit card fee battle heats up

FedoryKt
02-07-2016,
The charges increases but our savings don't!..Its so hard for me to accept it. A single cent counts to live specially that I'm a single parent with less income.

fogqrfsi54
02-08-2016,
Then don't use it, it's that simple. There's no charge for paying with cash.

If more people in this country learned (or were disciplined enough) to pay with cash instead of financing everything on their credit cards, and lived within their means, they and this country would be in a lot better shape.

Garry95
02-10-2016,
Cash is king :thumbsup:

I almost never use my debit card. Mainly because it makes a mess out of my bank statement. But 44 cents per transactions can really add up by the end of the month.

gesy0qux
02-10-2016,
From my experience in the credit card industry....people need to spend cash more.

I have no complaints with paying with cash. Though, I am not going to be happy if I have to sit in line at a gas station to save a few cents by paying with cash because the line is so long.

I always tell some of my friends, always have cash with you. It is amazing at how many people don't carry cash because you can find yourself in situations both good (someone only wants to accept cash and you can turn around and make a nice profit off of it) and the bad (you are in the middle of nowhere with no cell phone and you need a ride).

ezitaxawitohi
02-11-2016,
Just because you pay with a Debit card does not mean that your not disciplined. I like to pay with a debit card since I can keep track of it and know where all my expenses came from via quicken. This isn't a credit card where you buy now and pay later..you pay directly from you bank account..