PDA

View Full Version : Reading Forex Factory Calendar

aveposoxizeru
02-03-2016,
Can anyone share with me hwo to read the forex factory calendar? What does actual, forecast and previous means? how to determine which pair is related and how to decide if it is going up or down?

avisarqi
02-05-2016,
I'm quite confused also, sometimes when actual data released and according to FF that currency should be stronger(a good thing for that currency),
but what happened to the market was the opposite http://assets.forexfactory.net/images/smilies/yim/sad.gif

Avrelyolert
02-06-2016,
Hi guys, i'm connfused as well, hope some expert can shed some lights.

My understanding is as below:

- The impact tab is very obvious, with RED indicate highest impact from the news

- on the Actual vs Forecast tab, if Actual figure is in GREEN color, that means +ve, and if RED color -> -ve. +ve Actual will push the market up and vice versa

Am i right? thanks.

awufeigv
02-06-2016,
I've said it before, but I'll say it again. You are all working from the premise that there is a linear relationship between the news and the currencies. News at 10:00 is bad for Eur, therefore Eur should lose value. It simply doesn't always work that way. Examine your underlying premises then you'll start making progress in your understanding

CCorComakyTola
02-09-2016,
Am also passing through the same problem here. I was meant to understand that news releases with green figures are stronger and those with red are weaker. But one thing that is confusing me is that negative signs are some times attached to some of the figures say -5.2 in green color and -6.3 in Grey color. I want to know between this two numbers which one is bigger because in mathematics I was taught that -5.2 is greater than -6.3. Some body help please