PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a mentor

akvukinaajqo
01-19-2016,
Hello, Ron here. I am a 45yo novice trader. I am not new to trading but am new to getting serious about it. I have had some success in trading stocks and mutual funds over the years. I have also lost more than I care to admit a time or two. My biggest problem has been staying out of the market when I should have been in it.
Over the last 6 months I have been studying day trading. That has taken me to study etf (https://futures.io/wiki/trading-wiki/ETF)'s(TQQQ,SQQQ) to now in about the last month I have found the emini. I found this website the other day and am excited to talk with others like me that would like to learn but have no one to learn from.
I believe that everything I have learned and will learn in this life comes from others in some way or form. I learn best when learning from someone face to face. I will usually learn all I can from a number of people and take the best from each source to develop my system. With all the websites that promise the holy grail in trading it is hard to make any sense out of it.
With that said I am looking for someone to help and guide me in the right direction. I live in southeast Indiana which is 60 miles from Indianapolis, Louisville and Cincinnati. If anyone in the area would like to share their knowledge I would be most grateful.
Thank you in advance.

Alberttary
01-20-2016,
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add (https://futures.io/wiki/trading-wiki/Add) FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

AldPokel
01-21-2016,
The forum is the best mentor you could ever possibly hope for.

Use the community to your advantage. Read all the items in my signature and start taking action yourself, don't wait for someone else to "show you", and don't pay for someone else to "teach you".

AleksAsmir
01-22-2016,
i think the same way mike does. good 'mentors' arnt going to flock to posts about people looking for mentors. just good solid collaboration with others is another form of mentoring where you dont even realize you are being mentored. that said, here is an article you might find useful:

Alexeypaw
01-23-2016,
Thanks for the article. It was helpful.