PDA

View Full Version : Forex Profit Monster - 4H TF

JeromeFut
01-19-2016,
I bought this system 3rd May 2009 because I am a confirmed longer TF trader. Initially I wanted it because the author devised it specifically for taking advantage of LT trends. He runs a blog, and personally he prefers the 4H TF - and that's what he bases his published results on.

My idea was to trade the Daily candles, because I get home from my night shifts just before 2400 GMT (in Australia) and I have around one hour to review the charts before the candle closes, and the new one starts.

Ideal for me.

Problem: There were too few opportunities to enter the trends, once underway, and wanting to be a system purist, I faithfully stood by, watching lots of pips float past, while waiting for an entry. I took this up with the author, asking him if I was operating the method correctly, and he replied (within 2 hours) that yes, there was nothing wrong with my operation of his method.

I looked at what I was doing, and realised I could have entered at countless 4H intervals, and then stayed with these trends providing they were profitable, and in sync with the Daily charts. So today I am trading the 4H charts with good results.

I still have issues with trade management because of my night work - I can not adjust trades - enter/exit and so on because I am either at work or asleep at times signals occur that influence trade management. Fortunately, I am able to switch on my charts around the London market opening time and catch the activity until it is time for me to head out to work again. This satisfies my need to be involved during some activity, at least.

I submit that background to explain my situation. I also have a family I happen to wish to keep! http://static2.trade2win.com/boards/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif http://static2.trade2win.com/boards/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

Essentialy what has happened is that I have been forced through my desire to get into the longer trends, to become a slightly shorter-term trader than I want to. Not too concerned - just that I am missing an occasional signal, and one way or the other, that has a cost.

Anyway - on to the method. I am unsure exactly how much information T2W allows members to put on the forum. For now I will not post any links - it is easy enough to Google the name and find out for yourself. I see other members do post links - whether rightly or not. The author has been selling the method for well over a year, and has a blog for detailing trades at the close of each month.

So - I have attached a pic of the template. From what I can gather he uses several indicators to arrive at a strong probability of the trade continuing to go in the direction of a confirmed trend. He syas he has written the method himself, and I can see this is probably true, except that I can see elements of the AO indicator, and a multi-time-frame ADX indicator, which I have seen elsewhere. (Copied from his?)

At this stage, I am purely in demo mode. Results have been good. Can not help tweaking the setup to personalise it a bit, and I think most traders would do that. But it does not alter the signals.

jerryeg1
01-19-2016,
Thanks for your post. Though I'm new I can tell you I did some research and found the author of Profit Monster (and Day Profit Monster) to be have been around for a while, so I mentioned it to my friend who, with another friend, took the plunge and they purchased both. They've tweaked it since and has been consistent. Of course, losers come and go but this system has been tested BEST on 4H charts (check other time-frames to be sure 100%. Trouble is, we get bored in between and start, erm, scalping, and start....losing. You need discipline, you need to be patient and though there has been talk of FPM repainting I think the difference in the way oscillators show themselves in different (e.g. shorter) time-frames account for a difference when changing status. The guy who wrote the systems is straight-up and honest in my opinion and this certainly is one to have in my portfolio. Trouble is my discipline and lack of knowledge.

JessicaGab
01-20-2016,
Has any one used any good indicator like sniper forex or profit monster for commodity or eminis. I am using sniper for forex and looking a good one like it for eminis and commodities.
thankx

BTW is forex monster really good and how much does it cost?

jesusBoss
01-22-2016,
I bought this..."

lol, no offence intended but I read as far as that and started to laugh, uncontrollably .. still I guess the sun does burn pretty hot over there in Aussie !

Is that your own picture by the way ?

Jessieoa
01-23-2016,
Hip Hop - no offence taken ...

... but ... if that's all it takes to make you "laugh, uncontrollably" I suggest Australia isn't the only place the sun burns pretty hot!

You were laughing so hard, uncontrollably (as the Saffrians do, it seems) that you forgot to read with true understanding. It seems you were reading for entertainment alone, and may have missed the essence of the thread.

Stick around - keep laughing ... [/QUOTE]

Quote:
Is that your own picture by the way ?
No ... I'm not that good-looking.

Seriously - we can all have the mickey taken out of us at times - and it's good for the soul! I tend to take myself very seriously - and if you can smile at my writing antics ... then it's all good! (In Australia we say: "Taking the **** out of him!) I agree though: "I bought this ... " does sound a bit crass!