PDA

View Full Version : Software available for backtesting a system

adolume
12-07-2015,
I would greatly appreciate any software that is reasonably priced (not sure if that means anything...maybe a few hundred dollars or less?) that has the ability to backtest a wide variety of criteria ( I own a mac if that makes a difference).

It seems the software Ive found is quite expensive and far and few in between...any suggestions or am I missing something?

Thanks

AlfredoMl
12-09-2015,
There are many.. start off with Ninjatrader... Although for Mac, I think the options are very limited.

Antoshkawes
12-09-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by solas0077 View Post
excel, r
r, ?

aiywqexr47
12-10-2015,
I was looking at marketinout.com? Appears to be a paid subscription service of around 100-200 for the year.

Looks like it has a historical screen and backtesting capability.

Thoughts on marketinout?

AngDype
12-10-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by investopia View Post
I would greatly appreciate any software that is reasonably priced (not sure if that means anything...maybe a few hundred dollars or less?) that has the ability to backtest a wide variety of criteria ( I own a mac if that makes a difference).

It seems the software Ive found is quite expensive and far and few in between...any suggestions or am I missing something?

Thanks
google keyword
amibroker

admin
12-11-2015,
Regardless of what platform you use; NinjaTrader, Meta Trader 4, MatLab... you will still need to pay for quality data (historical price data) to test your system on. That is a cost you need to keep in mind. MetaTrader does offer free data but they say it is unreliable junk data. Your system is only going to be as good as the data you can test it against. Of course, if you can't afford to purchase data you can start by using synthetic data. NinjaTrader offers this feature. Not sure about the other platforms.