PDA

View Full Version : Stochastic Trend Following Strategy

AnthonyMl
10-26-2015,
Anybody using stochastic out there? What are your results? Got any Tips?

ataocarujr
10-27-2015,
Really? Nobody uses stochastic here? As a tool for day trading it is invaluable, it provides trend following signals, indicates possible tops and exit points with divergence, predicts break outs through convergence and is a top notch confirming indicator if you focus on some other tool.

aqueiluk
10-28-2015,
Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHodgesBinaryOption
Really? Nobody uses stochastic here? As a tool for day trading it is invaluable, it provides trend following signals, indicates possible tops and exit points with divergence, predicts break outs through convergence and is a top notch confirming indicator if you focus on some other tool.
Hi
Seems that you know some things about it yourself...maybe people get interested in the thread if you share your experiences first...e.g. how do you use stochastics?

Avtvivzt
10-28-2015,
Quote Originally Posted by Forexmike View Post
Hi
Seems that you know some things about it yourself...maybe people get interested in the thread if you share your experiences first...e.g. how do you use stochastics?
I do and I will, I tried to post a link an article I wrote outlining my simple strategy but I think it got moderated. I'll be back later to add some more but here is a little teaser/intro.

Stochastic is a an oscillator indicator rooted in randomness and based on the same principles as chaos theory, random walk theory and Brownian motion. The indicator assumes that it is impossible to predict which the way the market is going to move on a tic by tic, candle by candle or day to day basis. However, overtime, the randomness will present a pattern from which predictions can be made. Much like a man walking a dog....the dog may jump side to side as its attention goes from one thing to another, while doing so it may pull the man off track a little this way or a little that way. It is impossible to know which way the dog will jump next but you can be relatively certain, based on the direction in which the man is walking, on where the dog is going to end up, over the longer term.

BerniceMn
10-29-2015,
Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHodgesBinaryOption View Post
I do and I will, I tried to post a link an article I wrote outlining my simple strategy but I think it got moderated. I'll be back later to add some more but here is a little teaser/intro.

Stochastic is a an oscillator indicator rooted in randomness and based on the same principles as chaos theory, random walk theory and Brownian motion. The indicator assumes that it is impossible to predict which the way the market is going to move on a tic by tic, candle by candle or day to day basis. However, overtime, the randomness will present a pattern from which predictions can be made. Much like a man walking a dog....the dog may jump side to side as its attention goes from one thing to another, while doing so it may pull the man off track a little this way or a little that way. It is impossible to know which way the dog will jump next but you can be relatively certain, based on the direction in which the man is walking, on where the dog is going to end up, over the longer term.
i think you only can post links after a certain amount of posts...but i don't know the exact number...