PDA

View Full Version : Birds On A Wire

atsahqin01
10-19-2015,
Uh, uh , hhmmm it's late and I forgot how I was going put this forth.......

But it has something to do with birds sitting on power lines.......

Hopefully I'll gather my thoughts soon........

My wife says that she thinks I'm losing it........

But I reassure her by telling her that you can't lose something you never had in the first place.......

Aqndionlj
10-20-2015,
My wife keeps a small bag of marbles just in case. She says I wont notice the difference
especially since they are all clearies.......
Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

aqaqayi
10-20-2015,
You guys.....are.....HILARIOUS!

avisarqi
10-21-2015,
Well, I'm back.......

Working in Alabama and it's hotter than Hades here; pulled the pin on the job for the day and returned to the motel......been messing with the computer and ended up here.........

Aaah yes, the Birds On A Wire.......

In my travels over the years to and from the Quad Cities airport in Illinois, I've noticed at one particular spot that birds, mostly pidgeons, have a tendency to sit on a very particular span of electric transmission line. They sit on the very top wire, the arrestor line. At exit 6, on I-88, where Il 92 crosses over the interstate.

I-88 runs in some what of a SW to NE direction and Il 92 a bit of NW to SE at this point.....exit 6.

The birds sit on the span just east of the interstate.....along the Il 92 path......not over the interstate...... not to the west....

But always over the east approach that goes over the interstate........sometimes they're there...sometimes not

Some clues........

The arrestor line is on the very top of 70 to 80 feet poles.....there are two sets of three phase lines on it....wood poles

The approach of IL 92 over the interstate is directly underneath this span

The prevailing winds are SW-W-NW

There is a hog processing plant at Joslin, IL about a half mile to the east

"Up in the sky....the birds on a wire
a place so much higher
why are you there.......
could I inquire?"

sparks