PDA

View Full Version : Tikka T3 Lite

aboni
10-19-2015,
I convinced myself that I needed a new rifle, so I bought a Tikka T3 Lite in 300 win mag. The recoil from this ultra light rifle is harsh, but it shoots really well. I had to re-torque the action screws, but my best group with this (180grn Nosler, 70g IMR4350, Federal GM210M primers, R/P Brass neck sized only) is 0.668" ctc at 200 yards. And that was fairly quick shooting..... no cool down between shots.

Even with powder it did "not" like (RL22), I shot a 3.1" group at 300 yards. This is my new elk gun. If I can afford these in the future, I'll buy more.

The stock and the magazine seem cheap, but the action is smooth and the trigger is very good. It is hard to complain about aesthetics from a rifle that performs like that.

alufejuli
10-20-2015,
I have one in 30-06. Works pretty darn well, and it came in a lefty version which is a big plus for me. Tired of shooting wrong-handed guns.

Savage is about the only other manufacturer that has lots of lefty bolt guns available. Shot my son's lefty Savage a few weeks ago and it was very accurate out at about 200 yards, but I think the Tikkas are even better, and your group sounds pretty darn awesome. That group must have been close to being one ragged hole! [cool]

akehuhar
10-20-2015,
I still shoot a 110 L in a 270 with a nice checkered walnut stock. I bought used in like 1968 or 69. Moons Sporting Goods Store, Boise, Idaho. I mounted a brand new out of the box Weaver K4 scope on it. WOW did I and all my high school hunting buddies think I had something. I must have - it is still in the gun safe....

aqueiluk
10-20-2015,
I was doing a little looking this morning and appears that the heavy barrel models of that gun are not being imported at this time. I was thinking of a predator gun. In a left hand model they are certainly well represented. I might have to take a look.....