PDA

View Full Version : Going long and short

alisavb69
10-17-2015,
Hi,

I just read an article on the guardian's website about trading courses etc and the writer said the speaker said "Always place the same number of trades long (speculating that prices will rise) and short (that they'll fall) so you're covered whichever way the market goes. And never forget to use a "stop loss" to minimise any losses."

Does anyone actually do this ?

AndrewOl
10-17-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by obayesshelton View Post
Hi,

I just read an article on the guardian's website about trading courses etc and the writer said the speaker said "Always place the same number of trades long (speculating that prices will rise) and short (that they'll fall) so you're covered whichever way the market goes. And never forget to use a "stop loss" to minimise any losses."

Does anyone actually do this ?
Hi obayesshelton,
Welcome to T2W.

There is a thread from last year in which the pros and cons of doing this were debated quite vigorously and at length. Check it out: Can you be long and short at same time?
Enjoy!
Tim.

AlfredBete
10-17-2015,
Thank you very much for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
Hi obayesshelton,
Welcome to T2W.

There is a thread from last year in which the pros and cons of doing this were debated quite vigorously and at length. Check it out: Can you be long and short at same time?
Enjoy!
Tim.

AmandaSon
10-19-2015,
Sounds a lot like Martin Carter's MRP systems. I read an article recently (sorry, I can't remember where) about how correlation in the markets is on the increase with faster trading, betters comms etc - and how correlation trading is the way of the future??