AlfredBete
10-16-2015,
Hi,

I found an article on gold and commodities, it has very interesting charts:

http://www.safehaven.com/article/33014/2014-the-year-of-commodities

John

AndrewOl
10-17-2015,
If you wanted to be bullish on the metal then you wanted to choose IAU or GLD. As those trade directly against the spot price of the metal. Playing the miner has more risk involved as there are more variables in-line then just the underlying metals. As in the price of diesel (oil), land disputes (property), and equipment (heavy machinery). These all factor into the GDX; just something to think about.

As well may be better to play the individuals instead of the ETF. I myself yesterday exited out of the metals (GLD) and today entered into the individual miners ABX, NEM, still waiting on a pullback of GG.

AmandaSon
10-17-2015,
I also think that this year should be a great year for commodities, I think the uptrend should last about six months for metal and miners as well.

alisavb69
10-17-2015,
John Gold said: ↑
I also think that this year should be a great year for commodities, I think the uptrend should last about six months for metal and miners as well.
I would be interested in hearing any thoughts you might have on why. I personally don't have any position on the issue...just interested in your reasoning.