PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Watch

alisavb69
10-16-2015,
Noticed all the indices gapping right after midnight, dollar gapped against euro, euro fx gapped so I check the news feed. Putin announces troop withdrawal. So I guess the market will crash up tomorrow if that's the case. Grrr...really needed that pullback.

update....Putin ends exercises near Ukrainian border...Russian stocks rise.

AlfredBete
10-18-2015,
So everything moved about 1 point. (indices, gold, bonds etc) Now it's all retracing maybe as people realize the story is just about an end to some exercises...haha. most have retraced about 1/2 their move already. either way it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

AmandaSon
10-18-2015,
AUD/JPY gapped on econ news....that'll create some margin that will get dumped into the S/P. But /GC is up strong while /ES up bit by bit but just sold off some. 10 and 30 yr bonds are down some....still looking mixed across the board.
S/P minis are selling off hard right now...no obvious news I can see...maybe just adjustment.
So many mixed movements, maybe a sign of weakness overall.
AUD/JPY fell at the same time that S/P futures did. And the /NQ as well....looks like it might all be on China news of retail and industrial miss.

They all seem to be retracing now...we'll see.

AUD/JPY was at nearly a 1% gain but has dropped back to .59%. That may help keep S/P subdued. Would rather we get a crush but oh well...I guess you have to have these little rally attempts...but we can hope.
At least /NG is acting right...going down. Started to seem like people were using their thermostat as a guide to how much NG futures they should buy.

AndrewOl
10-18-2015,
Strong down move yesterday all around. Got a nice spike in Volatility during the day and SPY broke down double expected move. The big players (GOOG, AAPL, FB,etc) got whacked pretty good....a bunch of red flags. I like the movement but really need to wait a minute and let volatility top out and look for good spots to jump in.

10&30 yr treasuries keeping upward move through the night so far. /NQ and /ES looking weak. Asian markets took a good hit and AUD/JPY making lower lows. At least it doesn't look like a rally in the works. I like it.

admin
10-19-2015,
Market futures are slipping a bit but what really caught my eye was that the AUD/JPY was down .27. That's a pretty significant departure from the previous 2 weeks' trend. Things may start to get interesting if this keeps up.