PDA

View Full Version : The Things I've Learned from Cartoons

ahonepewafafo
10-11-2015,
I consider myself to be a fairly well-educated person, and I gotta say, I've learned a lot from our animated friends. For example -

* You can walk off a cliff and be perfectly safe. You won't fall unless you look down. Then, watch out! (Roadrunner)
* Anyone can get their hands on an anvil, whenever they want one. (pretty much every Warner Brothers cartoon)
* Being a smart aleck not only doesn't get you into trouble but it can often get you out of it. (Bugs Bunny)
* A woman can live with several men and not have a relationship with any of them - and no one seems to mind. (The Smurfs AND Snow White and the Seven Dwarves)
* Cows can walk upright. (Cow and Chicken)
* Someone out there will love you, even if your head is football-shaped. (Hey Arnold)
* Interspecies love is cool, but often unrequited. (Sponge Bob Square Pants)
* You can be in show biz even if you have a speech impediment. (Donald Duck AND Daffy Duck)
* Kids make good race car drivers. (Speed Racer)

Etc. Etc. Etc.

So, what have you learned?

Alfredokivy
10-12-2015,
I've learned that round bombs with fuses are available anytime you want them, but they only blow up in the face of the one who's the foil at the particular moment.

Anabelinapam
10-13-2015,
Some funny stuff:

I've learned that birds and mice are smarter than cats. I don't know about you but my cats are outsmarting me on a daily basis so I figure I'd better stay away from bird and mice.

anutenayCow
10-13-2015,
And, all animals of any species are much, much smarter than humans (and actually I sometimes things this is absolutely the truth). Plus, they can all speak English.

asayowonarufu
10-14-2015,
Consider Elmer Fudd.....

'Be vewwy vewwy qwiet.....da's a wabbit nearby'.....

Sylvester may have a lisp, but he speaks better English than Elmer.