PDA

View Full Version : Williams %r

ahonepewafafo
10-11-2015,
Williams %r

by greencat
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In technical analysis, this is a momentum indicator measuring overbought and oversold levels, similar to a stochastic oscillator. It was developed by Larry Williams and compares a stock's close to the high-low range over a certain period of time, usually 14 days.

It is used to determine market entry and exit points. The Williams %R produces values from 0 to -100, a reading over 80 usually indicates a stock is oversold, while readings below 20 suggests a stock is overbought.

greencat:notes
pretty strightforward and simple. If any one would like examples please ask. I dont use the williams that much. I like the CCI better

Anabelinapam
10-12-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanCat View Post
Williams %r

by greencat
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In technical analysis, this is a momentum indicator measuring overbought and oversold levels, similar to a stochastic oscillator. It was developed by Larry Williams and compares a stock's close to the high-low range over a certain period of time, usually 14 days.

It is used to determine market entry and exit points. The Williams %R produces values from 0 to -100, a reading over 80 usually indicates a stock is oversold, while readings below 20 suggests a stock is overbought.

greencat:notes
pretty strightforward and simple. If any one would like examples please ask. I dont use the williams that much. I like the CCI better
i always thought above 80 meant overbought and below 20 meant oversold. similar to the RSI.

Alfredokivy
10-13-2015,
So which one is it?

I see that indicator in my CoolTrade robotic trader and never thought to use it.

Keith

asayowonarufu
10-13-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockTrader6080 View Post
So which one is it?

I see that indicator in my CoolTrade robotic trader and never thought to use it.

Keith
-20 is overbought
-80 is oversold

It is odd the way they set it up like that. Most other indicators would just have a regular 80 as overbought and a regular 20 as oversold. The Williams is reversed...

Here is a chart of US Steel (X):

admin
10-14-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatgate View Post
-20 is overbought
-80 is oversold

It is odd the way they set it up like that. Most other indicators would just have a regular 80 as overbought and a regular 20 as oversold. The Williams is reversed...

Here is a chart of US Steel (X):

I like the WIlliams though, it works very well!
Nice bounce off the 50% retracement line (see above chart setup):