PDA

View Full Version : Online Brokers, for the last time.

ahonepewafafo
10-11-2015,
We have had this discussion so many times. I would like to see a big response here, and we could put this thread in SJ's, FAQs. I have posted this so much, I should have it memorized by now...lol

Who is the best broker?
I use Ameritrade, for my cash account. If you qualify for APEX status, you get free level2, last sale, news alerts, and the rest of the goodies. There is usually a signing bonus, when you become a member. (free trades)
Unlimited amount shares on a trade, for $10.99

I used Etrade, at one time, and moved everything to Ameritrade. I can not remember the exact reason for this move.

Who is the worst broker?
Scottrade, because of high commissions on penny stocks. For non penny stocks, they are ok. They have great "Time and Sales" screens

Anabelinapam
10-12-2015,
Ameritrade and Freetrade Best over all. If they would offer PINKSHEET L2's they would absolutley crush any and all competition with out question. As of now they are still the best, as far and fess, services and execution.

anutenayCow
10-14-2015,
I am using Ameritrade at the moment but plan to move over to Freetrade.

I had a Scottrade account and I didn't like to fact that I couldn't place a trade for QBID online. They make you call it in to your local office.

Alfredokivy
10-14-2015,
I use tradingdirect.com.

All trades are $9.95, regardless if pinkie or big board or blue chip. No account minimums. ACH transfers take 1-2 days.

All in all, no bad experiences with them.

atojihadahaca
10-14-2015,
For better execution try rushtrade for direct order routing which at the basic level is similar fees to Ameritrade.
Also consider Tradestation which is the ne plus ultra for big board stocks allowing very complex orders, direct order routing, order disguise, automatic programmed trading, strategy testing on any stock's back history. Bit pricier if you don't trade often and doesn't offer otc service yet. You will feel like a master of the universe with this if you trade big board stocks and you will get a lot better prices on your trades.