PDA

View Full Version : What Is (& isn't) Possible With Technical Analysis

aavazaawjos
10-06-2015,
What Is (& isn't) Possible with Technical Analysis
VIEW Article (opens article in a PDF viewer online)

Andrew J.D. Long, MFTA
goldenphi@triggers.ca
www.triggers.ca/mag

AngDype
10-07-2015,
Please advise books to get and websites to go to start learning technical analysis
Which website provides MACD, Stochastic, etc stream data?
Thank you in advance.

31wi83182x
10-08-2015,
I can almost use DMI as a "stand alone" Is how good it is.
The DMI is the most misunderstood and the most reliable indicator a trader can use. (IMHO)

It is very hard to understand and I recomend buying the book from my ol buddy welles wilder about it..(He created the indicator)

You can go to welles's webpage @ www.deltasociety.com and the book name is > New Concepts in Technical Trading Systems 65.00 buckeroo's. (Read it slowly again and again until you get it)

Just remember. You aint gonna be a trader even when you understand it but your chances for survival have just been increased drastically...

By the way.... I am not a member of the "Deltasociety"

aezvuzfc47
10-08-2015,
jacobnbr1 said: ↑
I can almost use DMI as a "stand alone" Is how good it is.
The DMI is the most misunderstood and the most reliable indicator a trader can use. (IMHO)

It is very hard to understand and I recomend buying the book from my ol buddy welles wilder about it..(He created the indicator)

You can go to welles's webpage @ www.deltasociety.com and the book name is > New Concepts in Technical Trading Systems 65.00 buckeroo's. (Read it slowly again and again until you get it)

Just remember. You aint gonna be a trader even when you understand it but your chances for survival have just been increased drastically...

By the way.... I am not a member of the "Deltasociety"
So then why is Welles, and for that matter you, not the richest person in the world? I am not trying to be combative but every system makes these claims and then the proponents don't become absurdly rich. Is it because the system doesn't scale up? Maybe. I know the techniques I used as a daytrader don't work as well when I apply them to much larger positions and I have to tweak things to get things right. Or is it because any system when used by enough people or with enough capital changes the dynamic of the markets just enough to make the system less and less effective over time? This has certainly occurred with the stat/arb and algo trading albeit with effects of very high scale.

Adjistyync
10-09-2015,
aiki14 said: ↑
So then why is Welles, and for that matter you, not the richest person in the world? I am not trying to be combative but every system makes these claims and then the proponents don't become absurdly rich. Is it because the system doesn't scale up? Maybe. I know the techniques I used as a daytrader don't work as well when I apply them to much larger positions and I have to tweak things to get things right. Or is it because any system when used by enough people or with enough capital changes the dynamic of the markets just enough to make the system less and less effective over time? This has certainly occurred with the stat/arb and algo trading albeit with effects of very high scale.
Thats the whole point aiki....

How can you impy what my worth is? (sounds like typical "Lawyer Tactics")

Anywho.. It was "alleged" that welles wilder made millions with the DMI system. (I take note on that word "Alleged")

Every indicator has it's plot to work part time and not 100% because if it were 100% there would be no markets and if it didn't work at all there would be no lure.

It is up to the trader to figure out the reason why these indicators work part of the time and make the proper adjustments or make his/her observations to form a conclusion that may lead him to "outside of the box" thinking that may yeild him the victory.

I contend that the whole market is a sham, a scam, and a plot to steal money while making it "look good". It lures the victims in by feeding the falsehood that money is easily made and the only tools needed "they" "conveniently" supply...
You want tutorial? sure we have that too.. We will tell you how to use them and how they work..

If you use some of these indicators the way "THEY" tell you to, you will be mulled.. (We both know that)

Are you a Lawyer???