PDA

View Full Version : Mass Recall

aowiukalu
10-06-2015,
Breaking news : Millions of weapons across the USA are being recalled for failing to kill people . This shocking announcement came in the wake of a study that found the vast majority of weapons weren't killing people which is of course their designed purpose . Weapon manufacturers say they are stunned that their product is not working . The recall includes flame throwers, anti-tank rockets, grenades, recoilless rifles, automatic weapons, armour piercing rounds, machine guns, mortars, sniper rifles, land mines and hand guns and any other weapons guaranteed by the constitution .

NRA spokesman has been quoted as saying "If cars can be recalled for failing by killing people than surely our phallic symbols can be recalled for failing by NOT killing people" . Of course if you own a weapon that has killed someone you are exempt and are asked to register your notice not to advantage yourself of the recall by visiting your local Police station .

Gun shop owners report being overwhelmed with paperwork . A Police spokesman had no comment but privately Police admit to being "overjoyed" that at long last something is being done for the benefit of people's rights .

axzhycmv52
10-07-2015,
@Ionus,
Manufacturers of drugs pointed out Tylenol was recalled after only 7 deaths, whilst car manufacturers pointed out the Pinto was recalled after only 27 deaths . They ask why guns are being recalled after 640,000 deaths in 20 yrs . Gun manufacturers have pointed out guns are meant to kill and they are only recalling those that aren't living up to their design specifications . Consumer Affairs organisations admit to being confused .

arupictb11
10-08-2015,
@Olivier5,
I keep trying to think of something achievable that would help the situation in the USA...but I got nada . The constitution amendment in the early USA was designed to save money on an army . They wanted a militia in case the British, Spanish, French or soemone else attacked . It was never meant to last this long . With each state owning a militia now, the need for an armed populace is only to feed the egos of petty insecure men .

What are the laws in France and Europe ? I know Britain is very strict gun control...one man got gaol because he said he found a weapon when he handed it in, but they didnt believe him .

auedakovotisi
10-08-2015,
@Olivier5,
I keep trying to think of something achievable that would help the situation in the USA...but I got nada . The constitution amendment in the early USA was designed to save money on an army . They wanted a militia in case the British, Spanish, French or soemone else attacked . It was never meant to last this long . With each state owning a militia now, the need for an armed populace is only to feed the egos of petty insecure men .

What are the laws in France and Europe ? I know Britain is very strict gun control...one man got gaol because he said he found a weapon when he handed it in, but they didnt believe him .

broolvgd88
10-08-2015,
@Ionus,
France is not that different from the US regarding weapons. Both are revolutionary-founded countries which consider that the people have a right to be armed (as opposed to the situation before the French revolution, when the aristocrats had the right to wear weapons but not the people).

So in France anyone can own a hunting or hand gun (but not automatic military weapons I think). The controls are through 1) needing a licence to carry the gun anywhere (e.g. a hunting permit, or a sport shooting licence), meaning each gun is mapped to an owner; and 2) stringent limits on the number and types of ammunition one can buy per year. So you can still kill someone whom you want to kill, but shooting sprees are much harder to do than in the US where Walmart provides anyone with the means to kill hundreds of people.