PDA

View Full Version : New here

Anthonmr
08-30-2015,
Hello I am 16 years old Ive been interested in stock for awhile now and looking to start investing when I reach $1,000 in total capital. Is this a smart move? Should I weight longer? What are good brokerage sites.

aojffxgn44
08-31-2015,
also new, im 26 and also have about $1000, haha. maybe $1500, anyway, i started playing with one of those simulators. first try(going off of other peoples suggestions), i bought CMI(cummins), DPZ(dominos), HON(honeywell), and STZ(constellation brands inc). its been three business days. but i also bought RGR(strum ruger and company inc) and SWHC(smith and wesson holding corporation), yikes! im thinking i will stick it out with those and see what happens. I just wanted to trying it with one of those games to make sure i dont just constantly loose money, lol.

heres what ive heard: focus on not loosing money rather than making money, as in dont be on a search for a golden ticket. the talking heads are out of touch(like baytrader just said). dont immediately panic and sell if a stock starts to fall. know the company, whos running it, look into the companies they have ran before.

anyway, im coming into this completely blind so this could be crazy but at this time in my life, i more interested in short term investments. when i have more money i'll start making some long term. my job isnt a 9-5 so i can choose when i work, i could watch my portfolio and the market whenever i needed to. i also have much more attention to detail and better instinct than most

so if anyone has any advice, good sites/books to recommend that would be great. or if you would like to tell me where i can find out how to read these charts, haha

sorry i hijacked your thread cowboy112 but i didnt want to start another one of the same topic. i feel this is info we could both use :)