PDA

View Full Version : Visualization Methods for Stocks

ADreattylilt
09-13-2015,
What are the visual methods used for representing the stock market different from the classic ones (lines, candles, etc.)?

I am a student of Engineering from the Politecnico di Torino and I am writing a final paper about data visualization applied to the stock market. Till now I have noticed that the main methods used are lines, candles, areas, and bars. Consequently, I would be interested in any multi-dimensional or "exotic" tool used for stock representation.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Aarroncikk
09-13-2015,
I'm not really sure that I'm understanding the question.

Are you asking if there is a way to visualize stock market data or numbers in a way other than all the ways we already use?

akehuhar
09-14-2015,
Hi,

thnk u a lot for the answer. With my question I was meaning if there are other ways different from the classic ones, for example using squares, scatter plots, circles. Or even other methods related to 3D. I have seen tht on the website finviz.com they allow the "customer" to use bubbles or treemaps as a tool supporting the stock-picking activity. The thing is that I would like to find multi-dimensional visual methods already available for representing the stock market.

I hope that I have been clearer than before.

thank you a lot again for the interest.