PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Splits and Price Change

alutixusini
09-17-2015,
GENE reverse split 1 for 5 at about $1.80. $1.80 times 5 is 9$ a share. This isn't when the exact split happened so my example is relative.

But say that was the case, immediately after the split the share price should be 9$ right? No gain, no loss just new price. Why did this not happen with GENE, or come to think of it an other chart I've seen with a split? I am all sorts of confused at the moment. What the heck am I missing? This thing is a pump and dump right?

AndrewGek
09-19-2015,
The chart has already been adjusted - stockcharts.com does it automatically on the split date. Other software may take a day or two to adjust. But historical prices reflect the split. so $2.00/5= about $.40 pre-split. They had to do the split to stay listed on Nasdaq.

GENE was already a low floater and past runner. Combining another r/s and shorts coming in to early thus getting squeezed; can cause massive runs like the one you've seen. Study the PATTERN near 4.50 after the 1st large gain at the end of January. Run, dip, sideways, perk, test previous high, test again, breakout and run again squeezing everyone who had the same mindset as yours. PRICE ACTION is all that matters, news, pumps, 'trying to be right' is all bullshit trading. If you want to make money learn the action. Yep, even if you miss the first move you can make money on the short squeeze or shorting it back down once the early birds are exhausted out.

So was it a pump and dump? or just dumbasses not knowing how to trade? I don't care, I make money and move on.