PDA

View Full Version : Which online stock broker is first choice?

Angelaodof
08-29-2015,
Hi friends, can you guys suggest me that which online stock brokerage firm I should choose. Currently I am thinking one of the following two

1- Scottrade
2- TD Ameritrade

I am really new in stock market world so don't know much about these companies. Please reply soon as I have to open the account at the earliest

Thanks

antohaSA
08-30-2015,
I use TDA, they have been solid and have good research and tools.
"A government big enough to give you everything you need, is big enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson
Expanding Government is America's Biggest Threat!

AnthonyMl
08-31-2015,
TDA I don't have, but I hear great for research.

If you are looking for cheap commissions and a very nice respectable platform then I recommend optionshouse.com. It's a $2.95 flat rate per buy!

I also have Scottrade. They are ok. It's $7 per trade over there.

But I'd for sure recommend opening up a TOS account. All the professionals have them, and it's 100% free. Great free charting tools, live news, and many other features.

So right now I have a Bank of America account, a Scottrade account, an OptionsHouse account, and a Thin****wim account.....Without a doubt follow the TOS link and get their platform, but for actual trading I'd recommend OptionsHouse.

Good Luck!!!

Arthurdelt
09-01-2015,
TDA is the best by far, been with scott trade and TDA, and TDA is superior by FAR.

aqaqayi
09-02-2015,
I bought shares in a penny stock company in a private placement. The transfer agent sent me the certificates and now I can't find a brokerage house to take them because they are under $1.00 per share.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I tried E-trade, TDA, and Source Capital. All were no go's.