PDA

View Full Version : How To Find a Good Stock to Invest In.

Angelaodof
08-28-2015,
Hello everyone, I'm new here as well new to the stock market. For the past Hour I've been doing some reading and searching on this site. Some very useful information. But I could not really find any information on the above title. See last year I took a complete lost of $4000 out $5000. I was trading penny stocks. I would get these alerts from a blog called Darth Trader. subpenny company would have gains over 5000%. Me being the rookie that I am, I would get into each alerted company at its all time high with only seconds later the company would fall dramatically witch resulted in me taking a complete lost. each play i would invest at least $1000.
Now I'm stuck with this last company ENTB witch I have over $1000 invested at $.006. I held on to this company since June 2012. Now that I know just a little bit more that what I knew last year Im looking to sell this company at any giving time to either brake even or to take a lost and invest elsewhere. I would love to make back the other $4000 that I lost.
I guess I said all of that to say this how do I find a company that has the potential to grow? Like what do I look for? Where do I look? How do investors come up with companies they invest in? what do investors look at to that tells them hey this company is going to make a profit? Any information would be helpful.

AnthonyMl
08-30-2015,
Sorry for your losses....lesson learned on penny stocks and all the bogus "stock alert" scams. As you found out the hard way, the alerts are nothing but pump-n-dump scams to suck in noobie investors. Should you had invested your $5k into a legitimate stock and company, you'd be up today as the market has performed well the past 3 years.

Nobody can tell you exactly where to invest. It's a choice you must make on your own or with an experienced friend or professional. It also depends on your timetable, i.e. how long do you want to hold. As you've seen on SMC, we talk about many stocks and there's some really good ones out there. My main recommendation is to stay away from the OTC pink/penny stocks. The only people making 5000% gains are generally the people that pump them, then sell them after the pump works and the share price goes up.
"A government big enough to give you everything you need, is big enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson
Expanding Government is America's Biggest Threat!

aqaqayi
08-31-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadThad View Post
Sorry for your losses....lesson learned on penny stocks and all the bogus "stock alert" scams. As you found out the hard way, the alerts are nothing but pump-n-dump scams to suck in noobie investors. Should you had invested your $5k into a legitimate stock and company, you'd be up today as the market has performed well the past 3 years.

Nobody can tell you exactly where to invest. It's a choice you must make on your own or with an experienced friend or professional. It also depends on your timetable, i.e. how long do you want to hold. As you've seen on SMC, we talk about many stocks and there's some really good ones out there. My main recommendation is to stay away from the OTC pink/penny stocks. The only people making 5000% gains are generally the people that pump them, then sell them after the pump works and the share price goes up.
Thanks for your reply. I'm pretty much looking for short (1week) to medium (3-6 months) timetable.
Could you be that experience friend. ?

antohaSA
08-31-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wjason777 View Post
Thanks for your reply. I'm pretty much looking for short (1week) to medium (3-6 months) timetable.
Could you be that experience friend. ?
I recommend you scan the forum large/small cap and dividend sections for stocks that may interest you. Finding the right stocks to invest/trade requires a lot of DD (Due Diligence) work on your part. Ask questions in the specific company threads. I would add that I beleive the market is WAY overbought right now and screaming for a downward correction. You might be best waiting for everything to drop.

If you're into higher risk/reward stocks, VRNG is smoking HOT right now. The share price is down to $2.92 this morning and I beleive this stock will go over $5 in the next few months or so.
"A government big enough to give you everything you need, is big enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson
Expanding Government is America's Biggest Threat!