PDA

View Full Version : Trading via Heiken Ashi candles

bgametxv97
08-31-2015,
Price action trading with Heiken Ashi ?

Some of you may be interested in how price is represented by Heiken Ashi candles, and their use in one approach to trading price action.

www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=291622

A summary can be found here:

http://www.forexmt4.com/_MT4_Systems...mics/TDI_1.pdf

Enjoy.

Bsmettyplats
09-01-2015,
It seems very easy and I use it as a check on trend .

But I suspect its rules because all the world and his dog must be using it, if it is so good.

I'm trying to find the catch.

Carolyntig
09-02-2015,
This was completely new to me, and quite interesting on that account.

But like Splitlink, I'd be looking for a catch.

Massively long thread. Are they mostly profitable? (Didn't read much of it).

I quite like the actual candles. But I didn't quite follow the rest of it, TBH.

Charlessani
09-03-2015,
Opinions are like bottoms....everybody....
neil started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
It seems very easy and I use it as a check on trend .

But I suspect its rules because all the world and his dog must be using it, if it is so good.

I'm trying to find the catch.
I wish I was more trusting but my opinion is that if this approach is so good then why isn't everyone using this approach to obtain untold riches. Discipline (No- not whips )is key-money management and psychological steadfastness likewise. The "edge"- well, that's something you weld together from study and practice. Good grief -for a moment I thought I had a pitch at Hyde Park Corner.
Good night folks

EBeckwith
09-04-2015,
I've found H-K useful for assessing trend in swing to medium term trades - it smooths candles in the same way as price in moving averages. Don't think it would be so useful for very short timeframes where actual price is more relevant.

daauduol98
09-04-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil View Post
. . . Some of you may be interested in how price is represented by Heiken Ashi candles, and their use in one approach to trading price action.
Thanks Neil - although the OP on the FF thread is in a league of his/her own that I know I'm never going to reach:
". . . I hate to monitor charts anyway. Even if I scalp the market I use 4hr charts with success...." P1, post #11.
Scalping a 4hr chart that one isn't even looking at is clever, clever, clever stuff!

Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!