PDA

View Full Version : MACD Fake Signal how to improve it

bgametxv97
09-11-2015,
I have been monitoring the MACD Signal on a 30 min chart. The MACD setting is 9,13,9. However all the buy signal entry are then hit by the stop loss. How can I improve this setting,or do i have to change my time frame or do i have to add some other more indicators to support it. Below is the link for the video which shows how the stop loss are hit after the MACD buy signal is triggered.

Bsmettyplats
09-12-2015,
Originally Posted by abhishek_300 View Post
I have been monitoring the MACD Signal on a 30 min chart. The MACD setting is 9,13,9. However all the buy signal entry are then hit by the stop loss. How can I improve this setting,or do i have to change my time frame or do i have to add some other more indicators to support it. Below is the link for the video which shows how the stop loss are hit after the MACD buy signal is triggered.

Charlessani
09-13-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_300 View Post
thanks for your input
Looking at your vid' it appears to me that you're trying to buy in a down trend. That's a sure fire recipe for loads of duff signals. I agree 100% with mightyal: only take long signals in an uptrend and short signals in a downtrend and either (long or short) if the market's range bound.
Tim.

daauduol98
09-13-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
Looking at your vid' it appears to me that you're trying to buy in a down trend. That's a sure fire recipe for loads of duff signals. I agree 100% with mightyal: only take long signals in an uptrend and short signals in a downtrend and either (long or short) if the market's range bound.
Tim.
Thanks Timsk

Carolyntig
09-14-2015,
use standard MACD parameters (12,26,9) and add a 50 simple moving average (50MA). If price is above the MA only take buy signals, if below then only take sell signals. This will filter out some of the bad signals. just remember no method will be perfect and you may miss a few signals but in general you will be on the right side of the trade.

Good Luck!

Peter