PDA

View Full Version : Need a system to trade and have as a second job

agvamihuuzo
08-18-2015,
Hi all.

I am in search of a good manual system that will be suited to my lifestyle. I have a job and am a father/husband, so my time is limited, but I am obscessed with finding a way to supplement my income.
I have tried automated systems but want to close the door on that for good as it was leading nowhere. Ideally I would like if someone could help me find a system which generated a good/stable income to supplement my existing income.

I am not looking for extravagant/ridiculous gains or one that makes us of many indicators. The simpler, the better. I just want it to supplement my existing income.

I cannot trade full time and can only trade the following times :

South Africa is GMT+2
The London/US is in session during my time of being awake, hence then I can be involved.
I have an hour or two before work (an hour or two before the london session opens). By the time the London session starts I go to work.
During my day, I have about 5 bouts of 10-15minutes each, which I can use. I also have a lunch hour.
I go to bed when the US session closes.

Google is full of get-rich-quick systems, but I am not looking for something like that. I am hoping to find a more serious system here or be pointed in the right direction.

I am currently enrolled at the school of pipsology(very well prepared btw), and everyhing I thought I knew is now background info. I always thought I knew a thing or two, but boy, was I wrong!

I have thoroughly researched and applied automated trading the last few (+/- 4 years or so) but sadly have nothing to show. Yes there were good times, but they were erased by bad trades. Always the 3 steps forward, 5 back move. I somehow clinged on, believing one day I will come across the hg. What a waste of time! I wish I had come to my senses earlier.

May the green accounts be with you.

akaduxau
08-19-2015,
2 suggestions for you.
First is the 3 ducks system, there's a thread here. Very simple, a set it up and leave it system.
Second is described in my own thread "Balls Of Steel", basically looking for long term trending pairs that have volatile daily movements so you have to either use a very wide stop or no stop at all while you wait for the trend to move in your direction. Its not for everyone, but once you get used to it you can set your TP and forget about it