PDA

View Full Version : Forex Price Action

agvamihuuzo
08-24-2015,
Hello my name is Johnathon Fox.

I am a professional trader and trade solely using high probability Price Action signals from very good levels along with strict money management and a few techniques to protect capital at all times. Most of my trading is done of the 4hr, 8hr and daily charts.

The Price Action trading method I use is very clear and simple and something others can learn very easily. This method is not about adding every single thing you can find and throwing it on your charts or into your trading. That simply does not work. I have not invented this method and everything I teach is something I have learned from someone else and have perfected to suit myself. I am a very straight forward and simple person and have tweaked my trading technique to reflect that.

For some reason the vast majority of traders way over complicate trading and think they have to just keep adding more and more and more. It just is not the case. The more they lose, the more they think they need to add, but adding more and more does not increase profitability. Keep it simple and start reading the price. If you truly understand price and the price action story, including what it is doing and why, you will have no need for ANY indicators whatsoever. Indicators are built from old price action information where as raw price is being printed live on your charts as you watch it live and this is why indicators lag and are completely useless to the trader who truly understand price action.

Price Action trading has been around for a long time and will be around for a long time to come. Unlike other indicators and black box systems Price Action trading does not stop working when the markets change! Traders who learn this method will have a trading method for life!

I have now committed myself to helping other traders learn how to trade Price Action and how they can drag themselves out of the indicator hole! Nearly everyone starts with indicators until they work out that they simply do not work and learning to read price action and how it behaves is the key to successful trading.

I hope everyone enjoys this thread. This thread is for anybody who wants to trade successfully using nothing but raw price! Please read the instructions below and please feel free to comment and ask questions. I started this thread for everyone to join and get involved so please don't worry about asking any questions at all! We have all been new traders once and I will make sure everybody is treated fairly and in an friendly environment where people can learn and feel safe to ask any questions.

Angeladom
08-26-2015,
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FOREX PRICE ACTION THREAD. PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

Please read the first 50 pages minimum before posting. A ton of information can be found in these first few pages that will show you what we do and how we do it. There is also videos in the first few pages that will explain clearly the simple price action setups we look for and how to trade them. Below in the next few posts is the "thread guide". This is a very handy guide for traders and has a ton of quick links that will help you with most price action topics you need to more than get you started trading price action. You can come back to this guide whenever you need. Please make sure you still read the first 50 pages though as this will still help you.

This thread is for Price Action discussions only. Please do not post about indicators or news. There are plenty of other threads where traders can discuss this info.

We are only concerned with high probabily Price Action setups that form at great levels. If you are after a thread that simply enters inside bars and hopes to make money this is not it. There are other threads for that.

We are not about making a million trades but making a few really great ones that have a really high probability with low risk!

AlfredoMl
08-26-2015,
Using New York Close Charts

When posting please include charts to explain what you are looking at as this really helps (if you need any help with this please just ask). The charting equipment we use is New York close 5 day charts charts. If you need a link to open a free MT4 broker please just message me as this is very easy. A few MT4 providers with these charts in demo are IC markets, Pepperstone, Axi Trader, MYFXchoice and HotForex to name only a few......

If you have any questions that can't be answered in this thread you can either PM me or email me direct.

Safe trading and all the success in your price action trading journey,

Johnathon Fox
Forex School Online

akaduxau
08-26-2015,
What is Price Action?

A lot of traders have a lot of different ideas about what price action actually is. Most traders think that the method they are trading is price action, but the truth is price action is everything on the raw price action chart.

Very basically; Price Action is everything that traders are doing and how they are behaving placed on to a chart for other traders to analyse.

Price Action is everything that price is doing and has done on a Forex pair or trading instrument for a trader to see on a chart. All price represents on a chart is what traders have done and how they have behaved given a certain situation. For example price gets to a support area and price bounces higher. This is traders buying up at a level in the market where they think support is.

Another example of price action at work on a chart is a Pin Bar. Price gets to a certain level in the market before rejecting that level and snapping back the other way. On a chart we see a Pin Bar but that Pin Bar was made up of traders all around the world buying or selling at the same area and rejecting higher or lower prices.

This is a method that has been around for a long time and will be around for a long time to come. Unlike other rubbish indicators or black box systems Price Action trading does not stop working when the market dynamics change.

aiywqexr47
08-26-2015,
How can we use Price Action to profit?

Price action trading is the skill of being able to read the price and make trades on any chart, in any market, in any time frame and without the use of any indicators at all.

Traders and humans are very habitual and will do the same given the same circumstances. As traders we can begin to recognise patterns that form on the chart. These patterns will tend to repeat themselves and have the same outcomes. No two trades will ever be the same and no outcomes will ever match a previous trades, but by perfecting these high probability price action patterns we can begin to place trades that over time will give us an edge in the market!

Traders can learn and perfect these trading patterns and begin to implement strategies that will over time give them an edge on the market. An edge is simply something that gives a trader a better chance than 50/50 of placing a winning trade.