PDA

View Full Version : Any good books to read to learn more?

agvamihuuzo
08-18-2015,
Hey guys/gals,

My name is Michael. I am new to trading. (2 years is still new to me) I was wondering if there are any valid e-books/hardback to read for the progression of overall knowledge of how the market works. I read a book called “The Stock Bible”. It was awesome and helped me make quite a bit of money. I have read other books, as well as subscribed to that “Penny Stock Prophet” alert system. I found little success in it because he alerts everyone too late most of the time.

I teach my children weather with job, personal life, or other, that you can never be educated enough. I have found that most “stock alert” email systems buy-in, THEN alert everyone else to buy. I want pure education so to speak.

I mostly dabble in the PINK/OTC:BB markets. I am getting tired of books containing “look for moving stocks, and buy”. That is not education to me. I want to actually be educated. I have only found the one book thus far thestockbible. com. I have read a few others and they provided a few tid-bits of information that were in, collaboration, good. But very few. Mostly just some fly by night authors trying to make a buck.

Seems like most of the authors make their money from the book rather than the application of the methods/techniques/knowledge they sell.
Just wondering if anyone has any other good suggestions please. I am 2 years deep into trading. Just trying to be successful at it. I do great now, but I just want more knowledge.

Thanks,
Michael

Angeladom
08-20-2015,
I can't recommend any books for you because I've read none on stocks. There's plenty of free material on the web to read, that's what I suggest. However, you can read and read and read until you vomit, but it can only take you so far. A lot of the skill of trading comes with practice and learning from mentors. I was fortunate in that my father was an active, experienced trader....he taught me a lot.

Those penny stock alert news letters are JUNK. Don't even waste your time! They are purely a suckers play to help someone with a "pump n dump" scam. Stocks shouldn't be traded on the advice of others, they should be traded by your own use of fundamental analysis, technical analysis and intuition/commonsense.

Good Luck!

AOi
08-21-2015,
I read more to more stock books. Any advice on some good volatile stocks that are going up and down in a short period of time that are suitable for quick profits.

AlfredoMl
08-22-2015,
There are a lot of great eCourses out there, but probably the best book I've read is William O'neil's How to Make Money in Stocks. Bottom line - he studied how the markets actually work and built his strategy from fact not opinion. Good luck with your trading!