PDA

View Full Version : Where to begin?

agvamihuuzo
08-22-2015,
So I know this question has probably been asked like a million times, but where do I actually begin?

Iv watched countless videos on youtube, read many eBooks & regular paper books ( I even went to a library :p ), but I'm still lost.

Can someone point me in the right direction & where to start? like what software to use? where I can find information on certain meanings, like what all this means:

aiywqexr47
08-22-2015,
Like the numbers on the right hand side? I'm guessing that's how much the stock is worth and the chart indicated how the value goes up and down.

But how do I BUY the stocks from the software? like where do I actually invest my money and where does it go?

Also, as you may have guessed, I'm a total noob at this & I'm not looking to invest big $$$$$$$ in this, not looking to make it my full time job, just looking to invest $$$ and maybe see if I can make some money in my spare time, I tried gambling ( which I guess is the same as this ) but I suck at poker :p

This thread kinda got away from me there, I'll stop going on now, any advice is appreciated =] unless you're just going to tell me to give up & that I don't have a chance, I really want to try this.

Oh, and another thing, I was looking at penny stocks? I think that might be a good place to start

Angeladom
08-23-2015,
The first thing you need to do is to figure out what you are trying to achieve. Trading encompasses infinite possibilities, and the answer to your question about where to start is impossible to answer unless you describe what your goals are.

There is an element of "gambling" in trading, but it is NOT the same thing as gambling, unless you don't have a clue as to what you are doing, and just picking stocks based on guesses.

Penny stocks - great idea, that's like spending your money on a jalopy instead of a working car.

akaduxau
08-23-2015,
Im also a biggener, basically in the same position as the original thread poster.

I'd like to know what stoke broker is good in the UK for trading stocks with.

I want to mainly trade through the day, and most probably hold stocks for a couple months to a year at the most.

Thanks,