PDA

View Full Version : AA, Alcoa, my new go-to stock

Bughthato
08-16-2015,
I've been tracking AA like I have been with GE, and like I had done with GG for so long and it is paying off.

Last week, I went long on Friday when the Dubai spectacle caused most everything to drop and I went long with AA and GE and both paid me nicely this past week, got out of AA yesterday as it had risen all day long and out of GE today, close to the HOD.

I saw AA had channeled twice from 13.50 to around 13.40 or so and took a chance shorting it after noon and it paid off as AA dropped as I thought it would as everything has gone up so much lately and the markets were up/overbought.

The nice thing about AA is is is relatively cheap at 12.50-13.50 and I hope it ranges here for a while like GE has been in its own range. I also like the relative safety of GE and AA in that they won't do anything too crazy like AIG and go up or down wildly.

The market could very well be in the Santa Rally mode till the New Year so if I can confirm that things were in a dip today and again tomorrow, I'll buy and go long again, if not, I'll short AA and GE for what they are worth as my 2nd ever time shorting worked out again with AA today.

bxdhcmqp25
08-17-2015,
AA looked like the good short this AM though I went with GE instead. Will wait to see what it does before getting in long/short again.

buymesoTar
08-17-2015,
Heck, I was busy as AA went to 12.71 as I might have gotten back in as AA is right in what I think is a good range to go long again but I'll wait the day out or even until next week, see how things go.

BurtonKr
08-17-2015,
The nice thing about AA and GE is that at least for the time being, they are moving a lot up and down and in as predictable a pattern as anyone can hope for.

I can say that I have not lost a trade on AA yet and I go in and out of it at least twice a week. I had lost on GE once this past year.

Viva Volatility!

bunnyhodep
08-17-2015,
I just put in a short order at 13.22, I think it is gonna drop for the rest of the day, slowly, but it will drop.

admin
08-18-2015,
AA got upgraded and shot up again today. The target is now $25, up from $22, and as it is at 14.40 now, it would be a good long-long/buy and hold.

I'm going to wait and see how it channels from here and see where the base forms for the short term. I think 12 is gone, 13 might as well.