PDA

View Full Version : I've got the money.

adolume
08-06-2015,
I've got about 5 to 10k to invest in stocks and shares. Wanted to buy shares without any leverage. Which stocks and shares would be the best to look at? Ones that are very active and moving through out the day preferably ones with low cost shares.

Adjistyync
08-07-2015,
What type of investor are you planning or thinking you're going to be? Long term, short term, swing, growth etc...

Also, how are you with RISK? Are you planning to put all your $$ in one stock, or diversify right away?

I'm fairly new myself. But I spent 4 years playing stock market simulation games on various apps and websites. I still felt unprepared once I started trading live.

Get the app "Stock Wars," and the websites "www.howthemarketworks.com"
"Www.wallstreetsurvivor.com"

TASR is a decent growth stock for now. Don't know what returns you're expecting, but it has another $10 to go up before spring IMO.

If there was one small bit of advice that I'd give to new small time investors like myself it'd be.......NEVER INVEST UNSETTLED FUNDS! No matter what kind of profits you think you're missing out on, there's ALWAYS another short term gainer. But when you buy with unsettled funds, you HAVE to to hold it until the funds settle, which is normally 3 days. Your stock can do anything in that time. When you invest using only settled funds, you can buy and sell the same day. Just don't do that more than 3 times in 5 days or you'll be labeled a "Pattern Day Trader."

Hope this helps. Good Luck and Happy Trading!

Adrianduh
08-08-2015,
Hi,

Thank for the reply and information really appreciate it.

I'm thinking of invested short term more like a scalper. Few hours a day and then out with my investement. I'm okay with taking risk with some of my investement but wouldn''t put all of it in one pool.

By settled funds what do you mean? Sorry for being a bit dumb here. I've got the cash there to use nothing borrowed.
I'm most probably going to buy and sell the same day, does it become an issue being labelled a Pattern day trader? Do they impose some restrictions on you?

I was using Halifax's fantasy trader buying nasdaq short term trade index shares TRINQ, got really good at it but when I openend an account with them can't seem to find the damn company using the ticker. Tried other brokers even then don't list TRINQ. Don't know where to find it, got really confident with it.

Thanks once again.

Mike.