PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice on how to invest my money

Calvinpync
08-01-2015,
When I was a kid my parents invested some of there money in stocks. The money they made from these stocks was saved and use for emergencies. I would like to do the same with my money and would like some advice. I have done some research and found a good online stock brokerage company and made an account. the company does not require me to put a certain amount of money in my account but is there a minimum amount of money I should spend ? if I were to spend about 1000 dollars would you recommend I use the money to buy stock from one company or several companies? Is there any other advice you want to give me ?

bygjreib80
08-02-2015,
Tip #1 - You should not put more than 2% of your total capital into one stock, and you should not put more than 7% of your total capital into one sector/industry.

Carloseguan
08-03-2015,
Lesson 2, never buy the markets when they are at all time highs. This market could go higher for another year, but when it corrects it will go down 20 or 30% more than likely. If you're looking for a long term investment, I'd wait until then. Buy when people are fearful, sell when people are greedy.

Now if you'd like to learn how to trade short term, I'd start doing some research.

candyfv60
08-03-2015,
I am looking at clx....about time it goes back up.