PDA

View Full Version : Quick Tip For New Traders

bygjreib80
08-01-2015,
Don't get so caught up in trying to hit a "home run" that you never actually get on base. There's nothing wrong with singles, doubles, and triples. Work on your batting average, get on base, don't try to hit every trade out of the park. The stock market isn't the lottery. Don't spend all of your time trying to buy stocks for 50 cents thinking you'll sell them at $5. You have to be realistic, don't let people sell you a dream. Rack up those 5,10,20% gains to build your bank. Consistency will keep you around for the long run, luck will have you sitting on the sidelines. Don't always think you have to swing for the fences. Even with a small amount of initial capital, you can gain consistently without buying stocks that no one else wants. Be where the action is.

Just my two cents.

Calvinpync
08-02-2015,
Cant agree any more with you ..New traders : hitting a home run from a very first beginning will only give you a positive reinforcement from negative habit. Stick to consistency first and foremost. Home-runs will come as you go and become better.

http://realtimestocktrading.blogspot.com/

Cameronlomi
08-02-2015,
Im a new trader I think buying a stock and gaining %5 would be a great feeling

candyfv60
08-03-2015,
I'm a new trader, purchased some options today for a 25% gain. Lucky? Or Risky 8)

Carolynsi
08-04-2015,
RealTimeStockTrading said: ↑
Cant agree any more with you ..New traders : hitting a home run from a very first beginning will only give you a positive reinforcement from negative habit. Stick to consistency first and foremost. Home-runs will come as you go and become better.
Absolutely, chasing and being opportunistic doesn't work for the long haul. You have to trade a system to be effective and achieve longevity in my opinion.

Bigbill365 said: ↑
Im a new trader I think buying a stock and gaining %5 would be a great feeling
It is Bill, especially when you do it consistently, builds your trading capital and confidence at the same time.

Actuary said: ↑
I'm a new trader, purchased some options today for a 25% gain. Lucky? Or Risky 8)
Depends, firstly, congratulations on your gain. If you bought those options on a whim, it's luck, but if you're trading a strategy consistently and can do it over and over again you're on the right path.