PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Day Trading Options Simulator

ifvwpqblu
07-17-2015,
Hello,

I am looking to day trade, in a simualted and life-like environment after the market is closed due to working during market hours.

Specifically I am looking to day trade SPY options.

I have utilized the search function on this forum as well as Web searches to no avail which is why I am posting here. Some simulators that I have found do not specify that I can day trade options. They only mention stocks and do not even mention ETFs.

Any recommendations are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Louis

ignipseNeni
07-20-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACstudio View Post
Thinkorswim is about as real as it gets. You'll have to create an account w/TDA but you don't have to have any $ in it to trade the paper trading feature. The level 2 feed is delayed but charts are real time.
Thank you for replying. My issue is that I am at work during the hours that the market is open so I would like to be able to come home from work and day trade as if it were live to see how well I would have done. Thinkorswim is good, but as far as I know they do not have a market replay feature.

IgnatKt
07-20-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by louistrader View Post
Thank you for replying. My issue is that I am at work during the hours that the market is open so I would like to be able to come home from work and day trade as if it were live to see how well I would have done. Thinkorswim is good, but as far as I know they do not have a market replay feature.

It also has the "ThinkBack" option. Where you can go back to any point in time for the last several years...like 5 or 8 or something. And trade real time or speed it up to 3x so it doesn't take so long.

igwwoggv73
07-20-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACstudio View Post
It also has the "ThinkBack" option. Where you can go back to any point in time for the last several years...like 5 or 8 or something. And trade real time or speed it up to 3x so it doesn't take so long.
ACstudio, thank you very much for replying. I will definitely look into this feature. So I can actually replay intraday data as if I were day trading with different indicators, trailing stops, etc?

Thank you again. It is very much appreciated.

ihelojowousoj
07-21-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by louistrader View Post
ACstudio, thank you very much for replying. I will definitely look into this feature. So I can actually replay intraday data as if I were day trading with different indicators, trailing stops, etc?

Thank you again. It is very much appreciated.
Ye its fully functional.