PDA

View Full Version : I Ordered 'Power Trading: Power Living' by Michael Parness...

hhnxhdua43
07-18-2015,
Maybe two months ago, I purchased the book and DVD for around $7 off an online ad I saw. Today, I received a phone call from one of his employees, and he claimed he had to choose ten people to train and later use for Michael's testimolials. We chatted for a while, and the guy added it would cost $12,000-$16,000 to enroll in the program. When I told him I would have to research this (talk to my former financial advisor and Google some information - I so wasn't going to do it; I just wanted him to buzz off), the guy got all pissy and said I wasn't looking to better my life and I wouldn't make any money with stocks knowing what I know now (funny, since I've been happy with my performance). What a SCAM. Though there's no harm in ordering the DVD and book, IMO. I haven't watched the DVD yet, but the book is decent (I'm halfway through reading it). But yeah, $12,000 - $16,000? I think not, Mikey! And if it's so great, why is the guy on the telephone working there? Why isn't he using Michael's secrets to make tons of money himself? BUSTED!

Has anyone else ordered and read the book? Received the phone call?

hibspogy58
07-19-2015,
I ordered his book (have not yet read it) and was later contacted by a salesman wanting me to pay $20,000+ for "mentoring" in directional trading, Stock Options, etc. I asked to see proof of their performance; I wanted to see actual trades, in real time, to verify their claims. They refused. Sounds like a scam to me; the probably make $ selling "mentoring" and not in the market.

hijaayza
07-19-2015,
Yeah - the guys who call must receive commission - the guy who called me turned into a first-rate d-bag when I told him I was going to do some research before shelling out the money...

The good news is the book is pretty good!

hhqfiisp88
07-19-2015,
Wow - that was long ago. I did learn from the book. As far as what I do now - I buy stocks with a good dividend and positive earnings/a good earnings estimate. When they go up, I sell so I break even - with those extra shares it's like a free payday every time they have a dividend. Also, one thing I'm GOING TO DO when I get more money - HEDGE. Always be hedged - take it from me! When you're hedged, you're making money, no matter what direction the market is going. There's nothing worse than being 100% long and watching your stocks crash. When hedged and the market tanks, at least you can think, 'at least by shorts/bear stocks are making money!'

HinaMaedaGo
07-21-2015,
I had the same experiences this year - the book and online educational vids were good, but the telephone contact was horrible. The phone contact was typical slimy sales stuff - they implied that if I did not pay for their course (7.5k to 16k$) then I was not serious about trading and would never get better without them. They were looking for people who fit a certain profile and would not answer some of my basic questions like how long the course lasts (final answer: about a year). The sales person did not seem familiar with the Parness materials even though he implied he has been through the program. My recommendation: read the book, visit the educational site, avoid any phone contact.