PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking OIL FOR LONG TERM investment.

bxoylqoa76
07-18-2015,
People you want to check this out, not everyone is talking about this buy hey, the value of information huh? Goldman Sachs buys off Dominican Republic's oil debt from Venezuela at a bargain price. This is a good read. Enjoy.

http://blogs.ft.com/beyond-brics/2014/12/03/venezuelas-new-best-friend-goldman-sachs/

Let's grab very cheap oil stocks and term them into a fortune within 5 months.

Calvinpync
07-19-2015,
I did zero research on oil thus far but how could it possibly get any cheaper to not justify a long position? You know it's gonna go back up. And if you go long and it actually get's cheaper seems impossible because even to operate gas stations selling water instead of gasoline would have a hard time profiting.

A lot of people spend thousands on gas each year. If you put I dunno, 5K into oil long and the price actually keeps dropping, then you might break even at the pump anyway. But then just wait for it to go back almost twice the price per gallon/barrel.

Calvinpa
07-19-2015,
Yah, oil will eventually go up as long as we drive, and some oil companies pay dividend which is another plus, so investing in oil for the long term is not a bad idea.

bygjreib80
07-19-2015,
I think that some of the bigger oil companies are a good play but there might be better plays out there. Chevron is down 30% in the last 6 months, Exxon is down 10-15% in the last 6 months. At the moment crude oil is 46.90 a barrel. I don't think that crude oil has reached its bottom. I'm trying to get a position in Chevron (CVX) at 90-95. The 4% yield is also attractive.

Cameronlomi
07-21-2015,
MarkSimms said: ↑
Exxon seems like a good choice but I'm going to wait to see if the price drops a little lower. than $90. Exxon is a good company that has been around for a long time.
Exxon is a good choice. My buy up to price on Exxon is 84 dollars.