PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson dead at 50

cmuznnxz79
07-16-2015,
I cannot call myself as his biggest fan, but like every other kid growing up in the 80s, it was hard not to be a part of the 'Michael Mania'. Controversies aside, he was certainly the greatest artist of my generation.May his soul rest in peace.

cnijbtwl14
07-18-2015,
I was never a fan, never understood all the fanfare. It seems from that perspective he was a tragic figure. The isolation from reality that hyperstardom seems to cause, frequently results in poor outcomes. Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, Anna Nicole Smith all come to mind as similar cases. Ultra fame, a cadre of lamprey like acolytes, and a downward spiral into depravity and self destructiveness.

cofioqhz43
07-18-2015,
It's a shame he effed up the latter part of his life, but there's no denying he had a huge impact on the music and pop industry, an American beatlemania.

RIP

Concordhok
07-18-2015,
I was never a fan, never understood all the fanfare. It seems from that perspective he was a tragic figure. The isolation from reality that hyperstardom seems to cause, frequently results in poor outcomes. Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, Anna Nicole Smith all come to mind as similar cases. Ultra fame, a cadre of lamprey like acolytes, and a downward spiral into depravity and self destructiveness.
you cannot even dream of mentioning those individuals in the same sentence as michael jackson. he is without question the greatest musician and entertainer of all time. better than elvis, the beatles... yes, his life was filled with controversy, but it is safe to say that we will never see another artist come clost to what he has accomplished. he isnt one of the greatest, he is THE greatest. people all over the world are mourning his loss this is a very sad day. anna nicole? are you serious? I mean, really.. Not being sarcastic

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
"To find yourself, think for yourself"
-Socrates

crumuddy
07-20-2015,
you cannot even dream of mentioning those individuals in the same sentence as michael jackson. he is without question the greatest musician and entertainer of all time. better than elvis, the beatles... yes, his life was filled with controversy, but it is safe to say that we will never see another artist come clost to what he has accomplished. he isnt one of the greatest, he is THE greatest. people all over the world are mourning his loss this is a very sad day. anna nicole? are you serious? I mean, really.. Not being sarcastic
To each his own. I guess Aiki's intention of mentioning Anna Nicole was to highlight the self-destructive path some individuals take after fame. I don't know if MJ was the greatest ever, but his contribution to the industry was immense, he will be missed for sure. Life sure is cruel, he was about to make one final comeback, a comeback which could've helped him redeem the last few years..but i guess nature had its own plans.