PDA

View Full Version : My Strategy Trading Journal

cesvvuzy53
07-11-2015,
Hi All
I am starting this thread to share with you my trading journal, I believe that committing to share on a daily basis my trading account will help me to grow and evolve my trading method, I hope to get some help and ideas also from the forum!
I have a unique trading strategy, I am trading manually with algo strategies! I believe that I can use professional algo strategies to improve the timing of buy and sell orders, since there is an algo involved and it prevent me doing the psychologies mistakes, also those are professional traders which I assume have better knowledge from me in trading (I consider myself the average trader, based on my full manual trading record). BUT, what I found out that most important decision to make is which algo strategies to activate in my account. I believe there are many good algo strategies however, since the market changes his behavior quite often, algo strategies have to be replaced on a frequent basis as well.
My criteria:
1. I must use professional strategies and not just any regular user – therefore I have selected Mirror Trader (the only platform I found which actually screening and testing algo strategies). by any way I don’t use any social platform!
2. It must be an algo strategy because strategy that trades manually have the same psychology weakness as I have
3. Wide selection of algo strategies – it must contain hundreds of algo strategies in order for me to always have a suitable algo for current market conditions.

My trading strategy:
I have decided that I want to have 5 algos simultaneously in my account, to generate a suitable diversification and to catch a decent amount of trading opportunities. I choose only the strategies which are performing well recently, and I monitor and adjust my list of strategies on a daily basis. I use Mirror Trader “market based” filter category. This should be perfect for my trading strategy since they show you the most recently performing well algos. I always pick the top 5 by pips.

I have been testing on demo account this strategy since last August, I am happy with the results and was able to go through very bad times (CHF crisis).

you can view the attachment with my demo performance since Aug 2014
Name: Performance.jpg
Views: 819
Size: 20.3 KB

After testing it for some time, I decided to open a live real account with AVATRADE and to implement this method.
I will update the thread daily on the performance.
Wish me luck!

Read more: http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/73715-my-strategy-trading-journal.html#ixzz3g3PL86D8

Charlescugh
07-11-2015,
I already opened live account in AVATRADE. I added a portfolio 2 days ago (May 11) and my account is up and running!
I have set a trade size of 10,000 per trade in my portfolio. this means that each open trade received from the strategies will be opened on the size of 10,000.
Starting portfolio (strategy name and pair)
Deliverance, NZDUSD
58GURU, USDJPY
Taiyo, NZDUSD
Atol, NZDUSD
Sultan11, GBPUSD

Results so far:
May 11:
2 trades
Total profit in pips: 31.8
Total profit in USD: 31.79

May 12:
12 trades
Total profit in pips: 117
Total profit in USD: 117.51

May 13:
This morning I had to update my portfolio. The strategy Sultan11 with GBPUSD is no longer ranked in the top five. Instead, a strategy name Tidalwave EURCAD was replaced.
Results so far:
Bad day… Losses.
7 trades
Total profit in pips: -102.3
Total profit in USD: -101.79
Only one winning trade with the strategy Deliverance NZDUSD- +19.2 PIPS, 19.71 USD
You can see my account history in the attached

Read more: http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/73715-my-strategy-trading-journal.html#ixzz3g3PNCtem

CecileNorEssessy
07-12-2015,
18 May, results so far:
since thursday my account is profitable.
On Friday I have to update my portfolio. I removed the strategy TidalWave EURCAD and replaced it with saturanfx USDCHF.
Total trades since Thursday May 14 until today, Monday May 18: 11
Losin Trade: Only one, TidalWave EURCAD, -111.7 pips.
Total profit in pips so far since inception (11 May):117.8
Total Profit in USD: 126.08 Name: profit.jpg
Views: 627
Size: 54.5 KB

Read more: http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/73715-my-strategy-trading-journal.html#ixzz3g3PRzHxF

Charlescuh
07-12-2015,
May 20-21
my account is keep up the profit.
same strategies, no change in portfolio. seems that this is a winning portfolio!
results for the last 2 days:
total closed positions: 17
profit in pips: 189.5
profit in USD: 185.8
total profit since inception (May 11): 446.9 pips, 439.88 USD
Account Statement: Mirror Trader - Check out my account history

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74900

Charlesdop
07-13-2015,
My results so far since May 21:
Profit in pips: 168.3
Profit USD: 149.53
Same winning portfolio! this is the best team working for almost a full week now. Please contact me to get MTP file with the winning strategies so anyone else can use it.
Also see screenshot:
Name: Screenshot_1.jpg
Views: 215
Size: 60.8 KB

Charleslype
07-14-2015,
Passed the 1,000 USD profit.
Current balance: 11,077 USD
total trades for today:10
113.5 pips, 103.2 USD.
see account history
Mirror Trader - Check out my account history