PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to scan the market

Charlesdop
07-11-2015,
I have been using two different programs to scan the market and I am curious as to what everyone else uses for end of day market scans.

Stockfetcher -- on the net
Amibroker -- stand alone market scanner using free or premium data

I do prefer Amibroker because I find it easier to write the requirements for my scans but Stockfetcher is a little faster if you call 2 minutes versus 4 minutes a big difference when scanning more than 12,000 stocks

Disq

CecileNorEssessy
07-11-2015,
Big Boards:
I like using the "patterns" feature on Prophet charts. It finds bullish and bearish patterns on charts. I dont like scanning for indicators as much as for patterns.

I also use Stockfetcher as a scanner too.

Before I quit trading otcbb/pk I used microptrade as my scanner.

Charlescugh
07-11-2015,
I use the cooltrade robotic trader. It has a built-in EOD scanner that is used in every strategy. So once you set up the rules for the watch list, it scans the market every day for the stocks that meet those conditions. Then it follows other intraday and eod rules for when to open the positions, add to the positions, close the positions,etc. And it runs everyday whether I am home or not.

cesvvuzy53
07-11-2015,
Cooltrade just added etrade to their list of supported brokers.
They now work with etrade, td ameritrade, interactive brokers, mb trading, optionshouse, and fxcm for forex.

Charlescuh
07-13-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockTrader6080 View Post
I use the cooltrade robotic trader. It has a built-in EOD scanner that is used in every strategy. So once you set up the rules for the watch list, it scans the market every day for the stocks that meet those conditions. Then it follows other intraday and eod rules for when to open the positions, add to the positions, close the positions,etc. And it runs everyday whether I am home or not.
How long one scan goes?