PDA

View Full Version : South Park

Daniellgope
07-04-2015,
I know someone on this board watches South Park. While it may not be relevant to Jim Cramer, what did y'all think of the episode tonight?

I feel betrayed that free speech has become so selective on the show. First insano Tom Cruise gets a show pulled and now they can't show Mohammed because Comedy Central execs are afraid of rioting in the middle east. Gimme a break. This is our country, we should stand for what it was founded upon.

Danielsi
07-06-2015,
Well although i agree with you about free speech .. i still find that sometimes there's got to be a limit on things.. I am neither christian nor muslim, im druze (dunno if anyone here knows what that is) and I still get offended when I see shows like Family Guy or South Park making fun of God, Jesus, or Mohammed.. More than anything it shows a complete lack of respect for religions that have been around for 100s of years.. It is stuff like this that fuels the athiest movements and other bullshit like that

Danielmak
07-06-2015,
Leb said:
Well although i agree with you about free speech .. i still find that sometimes there's got to be a limit on things.. I am neither christian nor muslim, im druze (dunno if anyone here knows what that is) and I still get offended when I see shows like Family Guy or South Park making fun of God, Jesus, or Mohammed.. More than anything it shows a complete lack of respect for religions that have been around for 100s of years.. It is stuff like this that fuels the athiest movements and other bullshit like that
I agree Free Speech is good and all but you gotta watch out when your actions or words can offend someone or insult someone.We might not agree with the way some people see things but you gotta respect their views.Most of us have hardly been out of our home countyr or at the most to Canada or Mexico.There is a whole world out there with different people , different beliefs , and different values. To get some respect you gotta give some respect.

Danielpa
07-06-2015,
can you guys legally take LSD ????
Or do you wrestle rattlers?? :p lol

DanielRer
07-07-2015,
Leb said:
WAAH WAAH
Sorry you're all offended. I wouldn't normally comment on this since my opinion on religion is it's unnecessary, but your comment on athiest movements brought to mind an article from Harpers from a while back which I paraphrase below:

"When the theologian governed the world, it was covered with huts and hovels
for the many, palaces and cathedrals for the few ... The poor were clad in
rags and skins -- they devoured crusts, and gnawed bones. The day of Science
dawned, and ... There is more value in the brain of an average man of today
-- of a master-mechanic, of a chemist, of a naturalist, of an inventor, than
there was in the brain of the world four hundred years ago.
These blessings did not fall from the skies. These benefits did not drop
from the outstretched hands of priests. They were not found in cathedrals or
behind altars -- neither were they searched for with holy candles. They were
not discovered by the closed eyes of prayer, nor did they come in answer to
superstitious application. They are the children of freedom, the gifts of
reason, observation and experience -- and for all them, man is indebted to
man.
Amen."