PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Chart Questions Here

cdpptwsk58
07-08-2015,
Was wondering, is there any "best" timeframe to be looking at when trying to analyze the various charts? Do you use a certain scale (i.e., 1 day, 1 month, 1 year, etc.) when looking for specific things to tip you off about where a stock might be heading? Are there advantages/disadvantages for using the various scales?

I'm quite interested in figuring these charts out and just received my CD in the mail yesterday, but only had time to get through the introduction and a little bit beyond that. Sorry if the above questions are answered there I'm planning to give it a good watching before Monday rolls around!

Catgess
07-09-2015,
i look at a one year when scanning to find ones i like. after i get my list i look at the ones i like real close and look at 2 and 3 year charts. prime example when tdcp ran from .01 to ..32 which is 3200% one year chart was ok however greencat said "paul look at the 2 year chart" and thier was a perfect cup and handle the best i have ever seen. greencat said this is gonna explode and yes it did. so i always check 2 and 3 year chart since then. during day i watch a 15 minute chart when not alot of volume when stock is getting hammered i watch a 5 minute chart. hope this helps

CatsnamDok
07-09-2015,
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATFISH View Post
i look at a one year when scanning to find ones i like. after i get my list i look at the ones i like real close and look at 2 and 3 year charts. prime example when tdcp ran from .01 to ..32 which is 3200% one year chart was ok however greencat said "paul look at the 2 year chart" and thier was a perfect cup and handle the best i have ever seen. greencat said this is gonna explode and yes it did. so i always check 2 and 3 year chart since then. during day i watch a 15 minute chart when not alot of volume when stock is getting hammered i watch a 5 minute chart. hope this helps
Thanks for the advice, I'll try and put it to good use! I've always looked at things from an analytical point of view, can't wait until the light comes on and these things start making sense :D

cayrozbq
07-10-2015,
it will for me it was like damn i was making it to hard. i looked at a chart and it all fell togather but it did not happen over night. you will get so you can glance at one and know withen seconds if it needs a closer look. like everything else takes time and practice

CatfeftPari
07-10-2015,
Cat how long have you been doing this? I feel like I'll never have the full knowledge you have.

admin
07-11-2015,
The light will definitely come on, kuzami. Trust me. If you're willing to put in the time and effort, you'll look back at it just like Catfish did. One thing I will always recommend is looking back at charts. Look at ones you played and lost on, look at ones that you played and won on. Look through every chart that you can get your eyes on. Really look at how indicators, moving averages, support and resistance, etc had an effect on how the chart developed. When you first start, you're going to look right passed a lot of these very important things. Take the time to make sure you don't. The speed of looking at the charts will come. Soon enough, you'll see the whole picture with one glance. I used to spend a lot of time starring at charts of losing plays that I made. Not in anger, but seeing what I missed. It helped me a lot.