PDA

View Full Version : DVAX -Dynavax Technologies

HarryAloof
07-26-2014,
DVAX finally broke over a strong resistance level @ 2.05. This level needs to hold to follow through with a continuation upward movement.

http://www.onlinetradersforum.com/attachments/dvax-jpg.16631/

Currently in a daily squeeze which is triggering long. Has a supporting underlying trend line which you can use as max pain if the now 2.05 support cracks. This one is not a runner, but more of a swing trade for the higher levels. This one is going to take some tie to show any real moves as their main drug is not even set to finish trails in Q4 2015 (Currently enrolling Q1 2014). EMA approval should be sooner then US approval.

Current has 2 other drugs in Phase 1 trials in partnership with other bio-techs.

Disclosure - I am long April '14 $1 calls short the Jul '14 $3.00 calls & also own 5000 shares

HarryAloof
07-26-2014,
DVAX looks to be trying to head back up from it corrections. This security has no real catalyst now as just a few days ago they removed their application for the flagship drug in the EMA. Oddly on the day of that news the stock rebounded and has since pushed higher.

http://www.onlinetradersforum.com/attachments/dvax-jpg.16945/

This one will be a pure chart play as that will be about the only thing that can move this one. As it looks like late 2015 will be the first news to be released on their Phase III trials. They do have a few other drugs that are still in Phase I but I believe news for those won't be until late 2014 or early 2015. This one has given a few opportunities to generate some profits on swings. But keep in mind this is a slow mover. Myself and my fund is moderately invested in this one, but that is also an understanding that those funds will be tied up for some time. So in the mean time I generate revenue on it selling calls and covered calls several months out.

Disclosure - Short the July '14 $3.00 calls (covered and naked) also own 15000 shares with a share cost avg of 1.86 but a cost avg basis of 1.37.