PDA

View Full Version : "Market Radar" Returns to Daytradingradio.com

JoshuaBrown
07-22-2014,
Market Radar is an old feature I will be bringing back to Day Trading Radio. It will consist of a market call on specific days where I see a convergence of important indicators we follow here at DTR. This alert will be released on a need to know basis. Meaning, if I see a potential for a high probability move up or down or even if we have a very uncertain situation playing out, I will do my best to post the update here.

The alert will come in 7 different types outlined below

If you're a follower of Day Trading Radio, you know that I work with a duel stochastic indicator that times the futures with incredible accuracy. I also use a methodology called the HPS or High probability Setups that consist of pattern recognition, Trend lines, Short and longer time frame stochastics. I also take into consideration certain candle sticks combined with volume. All this can be used across different trading vehicles. This signal released will be based on the S&P 500.

Here is what you will be seeing..

his one up green arrow represents a slight bias to the upside. This represents at least one indicator lining up to the buy side. It's a lower probability set up.

This is just the opposite but a bias to the downside

A Three Arrow Up signal will be the strongest signal and this takes into account various conditions which I will detail on the site dedicated to the key to the market radar. But for now, know it represents a multiple indicator set up based on multiple time frames, Pattern Recognition and at least 3 indicators converging in a buy signal.

NOTE: Timing the markets is hard when you try to time a bottom or a top. These periods could play out over multiple days. Momentum in the direction of a trade adds a lot to the signal and will be added to the equation. There will be times when a signal will go out and the markets will go into a consolidation period that could last a couple days as the markets puts in a bottom or a top. That signal will stay active in those periods or if signal changes.

Opposite of the 3 Arrow up signal

If the market is not trending or uncertain it's easy to over trade and get chopped up. Discipline in knowing when to protect capital is the most important factor to self preservation in the markets. You don't have to trade every day. Caution is a signal when the markets are unstable and the future is uncertain. This signal appears when there is over hanging news that is disrupting the normal flow and causing the markets to give false signals. Remember, there isn't any wrong signal the markets are always right. But if there is something that is moving the markets out of it's normal boundaries and signals start to fail, then we have to be ultra cautious and cut back on both trading and size. I am a big proponent of trading small. In this current environment, I like to test the waters with smaller entries and when the market gets back into a "rhythm" then its time to make the money.

Here is Tomorrow Forecast Video.

Market Direction Forecast for Tuesday April 8th 2014, Market Radar

Market radar will be a new feature I will be bringing BACK to Day Trading Radio. It will consist of a market call on specific days where I see a convergence of important indicators we follow here at DTR. This alert will be released on a need to know basis. Meaning, if I see a potential for a high probability move up or down or even if we have a very uncertain situation playing out, I will do my best to post the update here. The alert will come in 7 different types outlined below

If you're a follower of Day Trading Radio, you know that I work with a duel stochastic indicator that times the futures with incredible accuracy. I also use a methodology called the HPS or High probability Setups that consist of pattern recognition, Trend lines, Short and longer time frame stochastics. I also take into consideration certain candle sticks combined with volume. All this can be used across different trading vehicles. This signal released will be based on the S&P 500.

JoshuaBrown
07-22-2014,
Here is tomorrow's Market Radar video. Yesterdays upside call played out nice and I am still focused on the 60 min time frame. Overall markets are looking more stable but want to watch the 60 min stochastics for a failure. Tomorrow we have a possible market moving event the FOMC minutes will be released at 2pm est

Today's Signal is 1 Green Arrow, looking for continuation higher but nothing extreme in front of the minutes. single-green-arrow.jpg

JoshuaBrown
07-22-2014,
$ALXN has hit it's target price zone from the HPS watchlist. Take profits if you got em!

A further breakdown brings this into a great level. worth taking for me if we get a move to buy trigger, if we move fast down to that level I would expect a fast bounce. Couple levels to pay attention to.. 200 ema

wsF5Y3NP

$CELG has reached it's target price off the HPS watchlist. Another great trade

Great HPS Playbook Play 200 ema breakdown lower channel line bounce. News has affected many biotechs so a lot have similar patterns. also GILD.